Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
If we continue to think like the dinosaurs, the end result will be the same.
Perhaps a small share of man's indifference is due to arrogance....But the attitude of "out of sight/out of mind" or "let the next generation worry about it" is the type of complacency that will one day come back and bite us....Bodes

·
Registered
723 Posts
Exactly what I was referring to that was beyond their control. We are our own meteorite that we may or may not have created and be able to control and in turn are creating a similar domino effect, but as plonker mentioned we are part of nature so what ever we have done is part of the natural course of our planets evolution.
A meteor or asteroid is always a possibility today as well....There are astronomers who spy the galaxy in search of such threats....It makes me cringe though when they start talking about using a rocket, in order to shoot something like this down....Bodes

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
According to Coulee and like-minded people we'll cruise through it just fine. Nothing to worry about or see here, the Earth is just doing whatchamacallit, oh yeah, the Earth thing. Just don't be too greedy, that's all.
Watson ---- Who said anything about "we'll cruse through it just fine" ? I sure didn't !!! All I said was that the current climate change has been going on since the end of the last ice age and will most likely will continue until the next ice age begins, when ever that happens . It could be next year, 10 years from now. a thousand years from now or longer. And NO I don't think we'll cruse through a so called climate change "just fine" either. If the Artic continues to warm with melting ice on Greenland and other parts of the Artic, sea levels should rise displacing millions to higher ground, as I've mentioned earlier in this forum. (See a news clip that was put on the internet just today 30 July 2021 about Greenland.) People now living on higher ground aren't going to give up their ground peacefully. So whatever your thoughts might be don't figure on cruising through anything that's coming "just fine".

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
A truck driver neighbor of mine told me recently he plans to retire from his cross country long haul driving career (over the last 20+ years) and had agreed to go to work for a local sand and gravel company. He wants to stay closer to home base in safer territory, get away from high fuel prices and difficulties getting fuel on cross country runs. The rapid increase of home and commercial building construction in this area is rising almost daily and commercial licensed truck drivers are in BIG demand. He told me this opportunity is just what he has been looking for the past couple of years.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Well temperatures always did vary & I have no doubt they'll continue to do so.
Some things evolve & survive, some don't & become (like an estimated 90+% of life forms in history, extinct.
I'm not saying "Don't Worry, Be Happy"!
I am saying it ain't all dastardly man. If man didn't cause it I ask if man can reverse something that has been happening for BILLIONS of years before he existed though.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
plonker ----- Mankind had nothing to do with starting the climate change / global warming as we call this condition today and mankind sure isn't going to end it either. A hand full of people are getting plenty RICH who have convinced a lot of other people to contribute to their "save the planet" cause. That is the biggest thing being accomplished with all this WHOOPLA BS . As a friend told me recently "if you want peace and quite just speak the truth".

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,188 Posts
Some people believe what they want. I and most of the world now agree about humans role in climate change. Others are entitled to their contrary 'opinion' and there is nothing I can say to change it. So be it. I will go with the facts.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Herrington told Vice.com the rapid development and deployment of vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic is a testament to human ingenuity in the face of global crises….
enough said…

they are the ones…that fix everything…twice, three times..? Or more..
build and extra service branches to army, Air Force training troops….for these type obstacles during combat…
polishing skills, using a force of training..to stop 75% of real air quality pollutions ….
carbon released around the world..more than industry, cars…mother nature’s got burning large areas big as states…pumping each years,
over taking any progress’s human pollution…make..giving up freedoms …
not allowing deadfall clean up, fire break maintaining….
70 %….no one sees blames Mother Nature snd liberal statesman not intervening..in land management on public govt controlled lands….

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Some people believe what they want. I and most of the world now agree about humans role in climate change. Others are entitled to their contrary 'opinion' and there is nothing I can say to change it. So be it. I will go with the facts.
Not at all. Its not a "belief" its a documented fact.
What you call a "belief" is a distorted reflection of your view laid over the actual facts to make it come out how you want it to.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Herrington told Vice.com the rapid development and deployment of vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic is a testament to human ingenuity in the face of global crises….
enough said…

they are the ones…that fix everything…twice, three times..? Or more..
build and extra service branches to army, Air Force training troops….for these type obstacles during combat…
polishing skills, using a force of training..to stop 75% of real air quality pollutions ….
carbon released around the world..more than industry, cars…mother nature’s got burning large areas big as states…pumping each years,
over taking any progress’s human pollution…make..giving up freedoms …
not allowing deadfall clean up, fire break maintaining….
70 %….no one sees blames Mother Nature snd liberal statesman not intervening..in land management on public govt controlled lands….
DK ---- My property adjoins government (National Forest) land and I traverse a single lane road through that land to access my property. We are allowed to remove dead and dying trees within 200 feet of the road way for a small permit fee of ($2.00) to the Forest Service.. The permit holder can't go beyond 200 feet to gather this material. So there lays tons more of this dry stuff that no one is allowed to pick up or remove.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Lords in control of us, encouraging cleansing of our souls…which will lead to truths…not mans ideals thinking of his powers to corrupt the design of our world….foolishness!

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
DK ---- My property adjoins government (National Forest) land and I traverse a single lane road through that land to access my property. We are allowed to remove dead and dying trees within 200 feet of the road way for a small permit fee of ($2.00) to the Forest Service.. The permit holder can't go beyond 200 feet to gather this material. So there lays tons more of this dry stuff that no one is allowed to pick up or remove.
Same here…now coal owned property signs prevent gathering…
a few years of this….we will be a blazing…too! Thanks for clearing that up…<><

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
I've had this discussion several times on here. To the extent I (mostly) refuse to comment on this topic here.
What I find is a way to "make an excuse" or "Change the topic" rather than debate a really complex subject.
What I wonder is why that is. It is after all a fascinating & important topic.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Lords in control of us, encouraging cleansing of our souls…which will lead to truths…not mans ideals thinking of his powers to corrupt the design of our world….foolishness!
DK ---- You mentioned control of us. May I suggest that you read 2 Chron 7: 13 & 14. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything only suggest reading something. I hope Elmer doesn't take offence.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Understanding includes knowledgeable materials presented ..offenses are Internal manufactured…he‘s cool.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Dan I removed the bible quotes. This isn't Sunday School and that went beyond you saying you take comfort in your beliefs. Take heart though, because here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head that we can all enjoy. -Fudd
Rabbit Hare Rabbits and Hares Whiskers Fawn

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Well temperatures always did vary & I have no doubt they'll continue to do so.
Some things evolve & survive, some don't & become (like an estimated 90+% of life forms in history, extinct.
I'm not saying "Don't Worry, Be Happy"!
I am saying it ain't all dastardly man. If man didn't cause it I ask if man can reverse something that has been happening for BILLIONS of years before he existed though.
View attachment 3858042
We are the positive effects on land, in air sea…we just leave a little debris in the extreme schedule of things…do green things in your back yard is a positive…
letting forest fires dominate an area….is irritating irresponsible…
earthly processes continue…we are a bump in the roadway, not the disruption orf the process..

Reactions: plonker

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think it's empty noise, spun-up and exploited by power-seeking groups and individuals. The "science" is bunk, and the "scientists" rent-seekers, just following the incentives. "Models" are bunk.

I know nothing (and neither do the warmists) but the earth is already in the midst of an Ice Age. We're in an "interglacial" period at the moment, but eventually those glaciers will be back, putting NYC and Chicago under 1,000' of ice again. I've seen things that suggest it could happen fast too, like over hundreds of years, or a few thousand.

Property values in Manhattan and the Loop can expected to plummet, corn production fall, and long-dated oil futures contracts rise. :rolleyes:

~~~~~

Look up "epistemology," which is how you know what you know, and the limits of what you can know. Read Bjorn Lomborg. Turn off the MSM and the anti-social media.

·
Silver Bullet member
51,857 Posts
Follow the funding in universities….your find the greed leads…

41 - 60 of 97 Posts