Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a trip to the CMP North Store and got my SG HRA Garand and one of the "Incomplete" M44US rifles for $65 It was missing the rear sight, magazine and the red/green safety dots. I decided to go with aftermarket sight OM22 from Havlin Sales on the rear and also switched the front out for a Lyman 17AMI. I'm still trying to see if I have a magazine coming or not. Thanks to a very patient gunboards user, I have a back up offer pending. These were on the racks in various states of INCOMPLETE: Some missing firing pins, broken trigger guards, missing sling swivels, but all were guaranteed missing rear sights and magazines. I got lucky and found several on the rack missing just the magazine and rear sight. I've seen several mail orders that looked even better than mine. But the racks were looking pretty hideous! Even then.....$65...not a bad deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, that isn't very encouraging. I mailed my order off today for two of them.

Mail orders always seem better than rack buys to be honest with you. I'm still seeing good ones posted from mail orders. You'll probably do bette than I did. I found three SERVICE GRADE Garands in the rack and you can order nice ones in themail without a problem? It will take between 30-60 days for an order, but you'll probably do fine. I was at the North Store for a SG Garand and these caught my eye.....took a minute or 20 to find one I wanted to take a chance on.

I have only fired a quick sight in the other day and I really like it. Seems to hold really nice groups and the trigger is very crisp and light. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.