Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, in my search for info on this Mauser I bought yesterday, I have come up against all kinds of abbreviations that are new to me. I tried the search function,but to no avail. Is their a glossary, or single source supplier, or willing expert who can give me a trutorial on, for example, a Russian "X" od RC, etc? Thanks John:confused:

·
Banned
7,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Herr Oberst:
The so called RC X is an X that looks like it was made with a chisel. Sometimes it is not complete, missing a leg or some such. It is normally found on the top of the receiver, but may also be found over to the left side and very rarely towards the right side - rifle in shooting position. It is also found - rarely - on the bbl in the same positions as on the rec. It is almost never found on both bbl & rec. It is also about never found stamped twice one either the bbl or rec. I have never seen either of the last 2 examples and don't remember hearing of them, but -- ???
What do you mean by od RC?
Sarge

·
Registered
347 Posts
There was also a report of some different Russian Capture markings in a new shipment coming this way. I can't recall who the importer was but the marking looked like an elongated "O" on top of the receiver. The "X" is the marking we are most familiar with though. Are there any other abbreviations you want a definition on? We're all happy to translate!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts