Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makarov.com is sorry to announce that we will be closing our "Doors" for good. We have been on the Internet for 16 years now, from humble beginnings in a Townhouse Basement, to a full service Retail Store and Gunshop, and back to Mail Order only again. We would like to say now, a big Thank You to our loyal customers that have been with us from the beginning, and to all of the new customers who have joined the Ranks of the Makarovniks over the years.

We will continue to sell our remaining inventory online, for as long as stock remains. On Friday May 9th at about 4pm EST, we will take our Shopping cart system Off Line for 10 days. This will allow us to do a final Inventory and count, and list all remaining items on the website. On Monday Morning, 9am EST, May 19th we will re-activate the Online Shopping cart system, as well as begin a Flat Rate 40% off sale on all remaining inventory. Once an item sells out, it will be taken off the website. We will NOT be restocking any items.

We are also entertaining offers on purchase of either the Business Inventory, or the Business as a whole. Serious inquiries can call 304-776-2121 Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm EST.

Unless the business is sold as a whole, once the current inventory of Makarov.com propriety items is gone, they will not be available again. We will not license these for production unless they are purchased as part of the complete business. These include, Barrel Presses, Machined Firing Pins, CZ52 Slide releases, Sight Dot Kits, Sight Strip Kits, Aftermarket barrels, etc.

We reserve the right to cancel any and all Internet orders at any time if we have a contract on the Business or Inventory. Any Orders received prior to 4pm on May 9th will be filled and shipped as normal. All pending back orders are hereby canceled, we will not be accepting any back orders from this day forward.

All current products and projects in development are suspended.

At this time I am not sure what the future of the Gunboards Makarov forum will be, that is up to Vic and Tuco. We will continue our sponsorship until it comes up for renewal. They may decide to continue it as it has always been, or maybe merge it with another forum such as the Military Handgun Forum.

Thanks once again for all your support, Past, Present and Future.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Much Thanks...

for all the years of service and info. Your site helped me many a time, and for that I am very grateful. Hope all goes well for you in the future. Steve Davis Safford, Az.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Will be missed

Thanks for your fine service, products, Information . . .

John

·
Registered
305 Posts
Several of My EG Makarovs and CZ52s started with you. As a matter of fact the first C&R purchase I made was form Makarov.com. Best of all luck in future endeavors and thanks for everything.

·
Registered
239 Posts
WOW! :eek:UM, I'm sorry to hear that!

I first saw your site back in 1999, as a member SFOR- in Bosnia> It was also my first introduction to the net, and only 2 years after I bought my first MAK... an Arsenal Bulgie.

Sorry to hear that for you guys, and on a selfish note- for ME! It was on your website I learned all the basics.
Your website furnished me the knowledge to replace, gunsmith and trick out my current project- an IJ-70 Conversion to a .380 Small game, target pistol. IN fact I got my latest order from you today, and it almost completes the project.

Come what may...THANKS! My BULGIE actually has been a back-up needed for real, and I can't thank you enough for your knowledge base and information to maintain and keep it in good 'ready' condition!

I wish I had sent more Kudos to you in the past. I know it's scant now, but I hope you stick around for a knowledge, info web sight if nothing else...

Thanks George/Carl- for everything over the years! :)

Eric Truax... aka on forum- AX'E

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's a sad day for everyone but on the other hand it's probably something you have to do, so I wish you good fortune. Thank you very much for helping us all seem like "experts" on this wonderful pistol. Rest assured that you will have my support not just until the door finally closes but beyond.

I think I'm going to cry now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry to see this happen. It took me over a year to find a MAK and your sight was the one I used to learn about this great gun. I have only had my MAK for 3 months but I really like the simplicity and reliability of it. I will miss you. Thank You very much.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,041 Posts
Sorry to see you go.
Makarov.com has been a great source
of info and inspiration for my hobby.
GodSpeed.
:)

·
Super Moderator
6,362 Posts
I'm left pretty speechless over the news.

Best wishes George and Karl, and thanks for everything.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

A very sad day here. Shocked and saddened.

:(SlimTim:(

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I have only shoped with you guys for the last 3 or four years, but I will surely miss you guys. thanks for your advice and help guys.

·
Ramen noodles or Bill Gates?
1,878 Posts
sorry to hear it guys, fairly large order placed this afternoon to help out with the inventory though. good luck. Keith

·
Registered
622 Posts
I am pretty shocked! Thank you George and Karl for the many years of service, the great info, and most of all, making the Makarov forum a reality. I hope that you will still be on the boards posting topics and adding to discussions while sipping on a Pina Colada on a beach somewhere. Best of luck to you.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I'm stunned and saddened! Are you giving up on Makarovs as a whole or just as a business?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts