Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a couple FAL's several years ago with Imbel receivers, are they still available? Any decent kits still floating around? I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Capt Zorro~
"IF" you have not done so already I might suggest you register on the FAL Files Forums...
Keep ypour Eye's peeled and be ready to pull the trigger as receivers do pop up from time to time.. There were 4 DSA Receivers on the M/Place the other day from ONE guy, all SOLD PDQ though..
There are receivers around, but tough to find right now.. IMBELS as mentioned are NO longer imported and prices are pretty high when one pops up..
You could also post up a WTB and see what happens?... Ya never know who might want some X-TRA X-Mas $$....
There were also some receivers from ENTERPRISE as recent as last week or so but they may be OOS by now??
DSA is an Option but wait times are said to be 16 weeks..

FALS are Not DEAD just yet, there are still parts around.. In fact I have a Bud that Bought 3 G1 Kits atthe Gunshow a couple weeks ago.. I won't say the Price because it even makes me cry.. I will say though he did EXTREMELY well.. There are US Made Barrels and receivers should be back in the Pipeline eventually as long as NO-MAMA leaves us alone??

·
Registered
290 Posts
They have not existed for the past several years. I do not see how that is going to change just because you want one.
That statement is quite SIMPLY UNTRUE.....
Not sure why the curt reply either?? Not my thread so I won't dwell on it but if this is your definition of assistance I must be confused??

While ones definition of REASONABLY priced may differ, FAL receivers have been pretty easy to come by aside for the IMBELS.. The FAL like other things has ebbs and flows.. At times PARTS were scarce, and other times RECIEVERS were scarce..
In the last year or so I have bought receivers from DCI (3 IN FACT), CENTURY, and DSA..
Up until the couple few months (and of course the recent frenzy) FAL receivers have been available... I know of MANY recivers purchased on the last couple years,and while they may pale in comparison volume wise to say AR Lowers they most certainly have been available..
Hmmm, wonder where THESE came from??

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
That statement is quite SIMPLY UNTRUE.....
Not sure why the curt reply either?? Not my thread so I won't dwell on it but if this is your definition of assistance I must be confused??

While ones definition of REASONABLY priced may differ, FAL receivers have been pretty easy to come by aside for the IMBELS.. The FAL like other things has ebbs and flows.. At times PARTS were scarce, and other times RECIEVERS were scarce..
In the last year or so I have bought receivers from DCI (3 IN FACT), CENTURY, and DSA..
Up until the couple few months (and of course the recent frenzy) FAL receivers have been available... I know of MANY recivers purchased on the last couple years,and while they may pale in comparison volume wise to say AR Lowers they most certainly have been available..
Hmmm, wonder where THESE came from??
My reply was to Captain, I even quoted him in my reply.

I like your fluid metaphor. Currently we on the crest of the FAL wave. The FAL kist appear sporadically. The receivers are available and expansive, probably because there is so little interest in expansive FAL kits that are on the market. SG has FAL kit for 299: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=427266&kwtid=275843

·
Registered
290 Posts
Although receiver availability is low at this time and has been tougher the last year maybe I just thought that telling someone they have been "Unavailable" for the last "SEVERAL" years was wrong is all...
I still say finding one on the Boards is a Good option as I have seen a Number of them lately.. Even saw one or two not long ago on THIS boards M/Place..

Another Option if someone wanted an IMBEL would be to buy a COMPLETE rifle built on an Imbel, tare it down re-use the receiver and either sell the parts or keep for spares..
I have seen complete rifles sell for well under a $1000.00 lately with some VERY Nice Smith built rifles sell for much less then they might were the economy better..

In case you didn't figure it out I really like the FAL and am only trying to HELP the O/P find a receiver..

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Although receiver availability is low at this time and has been tougher the last year maybe I just thought that telling someone they have been "Unavailable" for the last "SEVERAL" years was wrong is all...
I was referring to Imbel receivers specifically. Obviously there are other receiver makers, how else DSA would stay in business the past few years. I remember when everyone had Imbel receivers for sale, that is not the case now and had not been the case for past few years. On the other hand, the AR and AK receivers has gone below 100 dollars.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was referring to Imbel receivers specifically. Obviously there are other receiver makers, how else DSA would stay in business the past few years. I remember when everyone had Imbel receivers for sale, that is not the case now and had not been the case for past few years. On the other hand, the AR and AK receivers has gone below 100 dollars.
Actually DSA has done a BOOMING BIZ selling COMPLETE IE: Built rifles, and has said in no uncertain terms that their RIFLES get the receivers FIRST and LEFT overs get sold when available...

If you see my above Post it would seem they (DSA) have realized the demand and attempted to bump up production to satisfy it...

YES the O/P did initially ask for info on IMBEL receivers and YES they have become Scarce.. There was a Time when they could be had for $179.00 all day long but of course those days are gone... They can still be found though and a Frugal buyer may score one for about what a DSA costs and again buying a Complete rifle built on an IMBEL is a Great way to get a receiver IMHO...
However in a previous post the O/P asked about "REASONABLY PRICED RECEIVERS" which is what I was responding too...

CFS is sold out of receivers and not getting anymore in. Anyone know where you can find a reasonably priced FAL receiver?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Quote From the FAL Files...

"I have been informed that DSA has 100 receivers to sell, type 1 non-carry handle at this time. $14 shipping for one and $18 for 2 or more. Retail pricing is $449, but dealers can call for pricing at (847) 277-7258. Be sure to mention you saw this on the forum when ordering."

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248471

Better JUMP!!!!
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248447

Man thats good news. I just picked up a kit and was wondering if I was gonna be able to find a reciever or not. DSA is about the only place I would want one from (other than imbel)
Now to save up the money. I would much prefer a type 2 carry handle cut model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fal receivers

I have a century receiver and tried to build an inch kit with it.
I couldn't find complance parts for the inch kit. I've got a couple of sources of metric pomplance parts. I broke the gun down and parted it out.(the inch parts) I've built two up DSA guns and three from centruy. the century ones took a more normal size locking pin. the DSA receiver took a small locking pin. IJ'll put the receiver on my table at the next gun show, unless I can find a cheap metric kit.
Pat

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.