Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went in, 2 days after my mother went in for triple bypass, my blood count was 24,500. Normal is about 9,000. They said my body had used up all my white cells and was producing baby cells to try to fight the infection. After 2 1/2 weeks on 3 different anti-bodies, and pain medication every 2 hours interveinously, I have just 1 pocket of infection left. And hoping oral anti-biotics will take care of that.

They want to get the rest of the infection cleared up, and then take out part of my intestines.

If this had happened before WW2 and Antibiotics, I would have died.

The last IV they put in took from 9:30 at night till 10 minutes after midnight, to get one to work. Finally they got a X Army guy to get it, he had to jab me 3 times before getting it.
Diverticulitis is no fun…….

My Mother got out 5 days before me and is doing great.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
I'm Free!!!

Well, it appears all the prayers are working; welcome back!...:D

·
Silver Bullet member
402 Posts
I'm glad you are both doing well!

Welcome back!

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Get well soon!

·
Silver Bullet member
187 Posts
I'm Free

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. We have been worried about you and your Mother. Welcome back! Bob

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great to hear

Now get back to the shop and start fixing up all those sniper rifle restorations NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Great to hear eveything is working out

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,521 Posts
June 2004 I spent 10 days in the hospital with the big "D". 8 days on an IV with no food or water. My intestine was perforated. Been 3 years, oatmeal every morning, Metamucil every eve, and no popcorn, or small seeds, and like your Mom has always said, chew your food! Get well, Tankdriver........ Oh ya, cost 24G, but I'm alive!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
YAY! Welcome home, Duder! Glad ya got through the touigh part. And I am really glad about yer Ma, as well. I guess maybe all of our prayers helped? Welcome back!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well made my 1st full day at work today. Also got my 1st hospital bill....33,536.00..... Oh well live goes on.....

Thanks for the prayers, really appericated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts