Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope DT and the rest of the Ron Paul groupies wander back in soon, or I'll have to start prying up rocks.

Just to stir the pot:

MoveOn's ad

"With its full-page 'General Betray Us?' ad in the New York Times, MoveOn.org has once again put itself at the forefront of the antiwar movement. And if past patterns are any guide, a number of Democrats are embarrassed, and even angered, by MoveOn's actions, but are afraid to reveal the true extent of their feelings*," Byron York writes at National Review Online (www.nationalreview.com).

"MoveOn simply has too much fundraising clout — and a fear-inducing inclination to attack Democrats who stray from the MoveOn line — for many in the party to take it on," Mr. York said.

He added: "But the thing that should trouble party leaders is not that MoveOn is capable of silly stunts. It's not even that MoveOn is capable of making slanderous comments about U.S. military officials. And it's not that MoveOn is against the war in Iraq, which polls show many Americans believe was a mistake. Rather, MoveOn's latest campaign is a continuation of a drive to oppose not just the action in Iraq, but the war on terror in general, and, in a larger sense, America's use of military power in its own defense."

*To date the only outright statement against the ad is a mild one from Nancy Pelosi. No other major Dem has gone beyond the mush stage and the candidates and other major congressional leaders have refused to comment. They are cowards, fearful of both the public and of their nutty anti-war core supporters, so they have to operate under cover of scum like MoveOn.org. "No one wants to call [Petraeus] a liar on national TV," one anonymous Democratic senator told the Hill newspaper Politico. "The expectation is that the outside groups will do this for us."

My anaysis: The sound you just heard was the Democrats hopes for 2008 collapsing.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,515 Posts
One cannot expect the democrats to bite the hand that is giving them money.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...Since winning office depends on moderates, the middle third of the electorate who by definition aren't partisan, it often gets down to who pisses them off the least. MoveOn has their own agenda which may not put such a high value on being elected. I think they enjoy disturbing the sheist too much to give it up.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
11,126 Posts
One can hope that Moveon and their main benefactor will continue until they shoot themselves in the foot with their liberal agenda and piss off the middle of the road Democrat along with the Republicans.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
...Since winning office depends on moderates, the middle third of the electorate who by definition aren't partisan, it often gets down to who pisses them off the least. MoveOn has their own agenda which may not put such a high value on being elected. I think they enjoy disturbing the sheist too much to give it up.

Disturbed anti-war protester can't find soldier, kills civilian with axe instead:mad::mad::mad::mad:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=cp_fc6h5g7n673&show_article=1

·
Silver Bullet member
32,405 Posts
One can hope that Moveon and their main benefactor will continue until they shoot themselves in the foot with their liberal agenda and piss off the middle of the road Democrat along with the Republicans.
MoveOn dot Org managed to piss me off when they came by wanting to take my 82 yr old mother for a ride to the polls last election go-around.

Picture the scenario from her point of view.
A bunch of fast talking strangers want her to 'get in the car'.

Scared the ****...

Let's just say she was scared and I was pissed.

·
58,515 Posts
She should have called the police.

·
58,515 Posts
The police could arrest them for harassing her and/or picking on an elderly person and trying to con her.

On the other hand, you could get in trouble.

·
Silver Bullet member
32,405 Posts
I always manage to get into trouble, Charlie..

My Mom's been gone for over a year now.
...kind of a moot point.

Sorry I brought it up except that I'm still and everlastingly pissed at MoveOn

·
58,515 Posts
I am sorry your mother is gone.

I do dislike people who try to take advanage of the eldery which they were trying to do. By taking an elderly person to the polls hey hope to get them to vote the way they want.

·
Silver Bullet member
32,405 Posts
You couldn't have known and I agree with your assesment about taking advantage of the elderly. The scum-suckers take advantage of every angle they can work. That's what makes them scum-suckers.

I consider extremism a vice unto itself.

·
Silver Bullet member
34,386 Posts
MoveOn is cut from the same cloth as PETA, ELF and other extremist outfits. They are so radicalized that they can't/won't see that most sentient voters won't have anything to do with them. They are their own worst enemy - let 'em self destruct and take the looney leftie Dems with them.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
7,945 Posts
I hope moveon's ads, and the latest political theatre on the hill, continue. I lived with Boxer, Stark, and Pelosi for decades, and love to see the rest of the country getting a taste for just how over the top those folks are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts