Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
They all appear to be uncut...$700-850 apiece or so in this neck of the woods (PNW).

edit...If you could get them all for 2K, you'd be doing very well indeed.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,161 Posts
There are wholesale and retail prices for everything, collectable firearms are no exception. $400 to $500 is about right as a wholesale (dealer) price for an uncut MK VI. Webley. I would agree that $700 to $850 is a good retail sales price at this time.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
103,537 Posts
$1200 for all four? That's a deal, no question. Good call on deciding to take it.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only enquired about one that he had advertised and it turned out that he had four. It's nice to get a good deal without having to haggle. I am over the moon with my MKI, that's what gave me the interest. I will keep one for myself and sell the rest. I think I have caught a dose of weblyitis, these old webleys are infectious.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I finally received the webleys today. With them in hand I could immediately see that they could all do with refinishing ( I knew that from the photos anyway ) but there was no major pitting on any of them, only a very light patchy surface corrosion on two which will clean up very easily. They all need refinishing. The bores and chambers much to my surprise are all like new and three are in perfect mechanical order. On one of them the latch spring is missing but appart from that it is also in excellent mechanical condition. One has good grips one has worn grips and the other two have broken grips so I will have to source three sets of grips. If anyone can recommend a supplier of decent reproduction grips that would be much appreciated.

PS, One of these webleys ( the one with the missing latch pring ) has an in the white trigger and hammer and a couple of other bits, I am sure it was this way from new, is this normal ? I don't think it's a commercial version as it has military markings. It's picture number 4 above.

I will post some pics in a min.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are no winged bullets on any of them so I guess they are all military issue. It's just unusual to seee military guns with shiny parts. I had trouble taking decent photos of the hammer etc with the light I have here at the moment. I will take some more later. I did manage to get a pic of marks on the back of the grip strap, this is the only one that has marks of the grip. Any idea what they stand for ?

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
One of these webleys ( the one with the missing latch pring ) has an in the white trigger and hammer and a couple of other bits, I am sure it was this way from new, is this normal ? I don't think it's a commercial version as it has military markings. It's picture number 4 above.
I'm not certain how you can be "sure" that the in the white parts are original; I'm equally as sure that they are not. All the parts would have been blue/black when originally mfg., except the latch spring, which would be colored by its heat treatment process.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
They all need refinishing.
Pretty good way to drop the value a bit.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pretty good way to drop the value a bit.
I sold three of them for over 1000 each. All three sold in two days so I guess I did not ask enough :)

The reason I got them cheap was because nobody wanted them as they were, I changed that by refinishing them.
I did not hide the fact that they had been refinished, I just said they had been refinished by Webley. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.