Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..........handgun, what would it be?

I'm torn up over this as I believe a .22 revolver/pistol would be the most practical as regards obtaining ammo and hunting small game - but its really underpowered for defensive use.

A good .357 revolver with a 4 or 6 inch barrel would be excellent for hunting all kinds of game and defensive purposes but will be awful heavy and large for CCW.

I believe my choice would be a high end, high capacity 9mm semiauto pistol - probably the S&W M&P. Ammunition should always be easy to obtain, it's an excellent choice for home/personal defense and CCW and, in a pinch, would work for hunting small game. After all, and let's be honest about it, if we have to start hunting large game to survive the waste products have hit the oscillating blades already and society is really in trouble!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,798 Posts
However, I can own more than one handgun.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,341 Posts
You need at least 3.

.22 target and or plinker
concealable self defence
Hunting - 44 mag or more (if you know a good orthopedic surgeon)

Plus a few collectibles......

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thank GOD we live in the USA!This senerio woin't happen in my lifetime.Just for the fun of it.I'd use my Colt Trooper MK III .357 mag. with a 4 " bbl.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Haha, Krag: how did I know you know were gonna plug the M&P? ;)

If I could own ONLY one, I would make it either the G19 or G23. Could use in competition, CCW, ultra reliable and ultra durable. I might also do the HK USPc in a 9 or 40 for same reason.

If I was just purchasing for CCW and not competition I would get a HK P7M8. If vice versa I would get a G34/35.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neo - I'm not plugging the M&P, I truly believe it is the best polymer frame pistol on the market today. "No brag....just fact."

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Probably a CZ-82, given their military history, durability, construction, etc. 9x18 is also a pretty potent CCW round, giving it even better legitimacy, IMHO.

However, I'm very HAPPY that we live in a country where I can have more than one. MANY, MANY more than one!! :D

·
59,798 Posts
You need at least 3.

.22 target and or plinker
concealable self defence
Hunting - 44 mag or more (if you know a good orthopedic surgeon)

Plus a few collectibles......

How about these for a 22lr

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
one pistol

If I could have only one, it would be a .45 auto. With one of those you don't have to hunt, you can get whatever you need from someone else.

·
59,798 Posts
Another 22lr which would be helpful to have.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,290 Posts
Only One?

Ain't never gonna happen in my world:rolleyes:, so don't even ask.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,598 Posts
my beloved Colt Woodsman Match Target manuf. in 1951.More than 200,000 rounds with only a firing pin changed-

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
..........handgun, what would it be?

I'm torn up over this as I believe a .22 revolver/pistol would be the most practical as regards obtaining ammo and hunting small game - but its really underpowered for defensive use.

A good .357 revolver with a 4 or 6 inch barrel would be excellent for hunting all kinds of game and defensive purposes but will be awful heavy and large for CCW.

I believe my choice would be a high end, high capacity 9mm semiauto pistol - probably the S&W M&P. Ammunition should always be easy to obtain, it's an excellent choice for home/personal defense and CCW and, in a pinch, would work for hunting small game. After all, and let's be honest about it, if we have to start hunting large game to survive the waste products have hit the oscillating blades already and society is really in trouble!
Are caliber conversions permitted in this sceniaro?

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
My Ruger GP100 stainless, 4 inch, .357. Accurate, reliable, concealable, common round. It's admittedly a compromise. Ideal collection might not include it... .22 auto, 9mm hi-cap, and maybe .44 for hunting if needed. But it can do all of the needed tasks to a reasonable extent, and feels like a bank vault door.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts