Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would it be?

Let me explain...

After pretty much getting out of the Mosin business due to other interests and a limited bank account, I've been having second thoughts. ( I say pretty much got out of the Mosin business because after a collector friend counselled me and I thought about it I kept one good PU sniper- I'm not completely crazy! )

Today I was reading about the Winter War and missing at least one Finn for the collection. I gave away my last good M39 to a dear friend and find myself "Finnless" so to speak. I would like to get at least one, but don't want to slide too far down the slippery slope. I never had a 28/30 or one of the classic earlier rifles, so I am thinking one of those might scratch the itch and be enough out of the run of the mill to make it a keeper.

What Finn says "Finnish Mosin" to YOU the most and brings the biggest smile to your face? I am talking models, but I realize we all have our favorite shooters, etc.

Thanks for your considered opinions.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,533 Posts
When I think of Finn's, I think of M39's. But having said that, the M91 is the heart and soul of Finn mosins, so you could pick up one of those without spending a fortune.

But like I said, me, I'd keep an M39 if I could have one.

T

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
It's pretty easy for me since the only Finns I have are M39's.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If I Could Only Keep One Finnish Mosin...I would be severely distressed! LOL

The best-est with the most-est one I ever had was a double sling-slot M28 that I sold in a state of financial distress. But it was to my good friend degan to whom I introduced (or cursed) c&R militaria so I still consider it in the family.

Of the ones in my cabinet, has to be the Finn'd Rem M91 that fellow gunboarder doyletoo put me on.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
An m/28, m/27 or m/91-24. My m/27's have always been the best shooters though.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,237 Posts
probably does not qualify

i own a couple of 39's and a 91 but when i look at the tula 91'30 side mount pem captured in 41, its' nooks and crannys just reek history....to me it is as muchabout provenance as rarity, engineering,design and addiiction.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Only one...Sophie's Choice

I can't even imagine having only one Nagant! What about one from each country?

If so it would be my M-28 with double sling slots.

This rifle has the Winter War historical background and is a very good shooter.

Tiledude

·
Gold Bullet member
11,301 Posts
For me, my "B" barrel M91, because it was my first Mosin and was picked out by my late father-in-law.

Clyde, drop me an email. Might know of something you would like.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
I would keep one of my dual slot ski M28's. It would be a tough choice though. One is really early and all original the other has an adjustable rear sight. Hmm, can't I keep two?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd have to flip a coin over my 42 Sako M39 ,it's my best shooting m-39. The other would be my Remington M-91 Finnish reworked. The rem was my first Mosin, bought in 95 and while it is by far not my best shooting rifle it is my most prized.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts
Tie between my one and only M28 and my Finned N.E.W. with American, Imperial Russian, German and Finnish provenance, and an early style 'PM' mark.
Poot

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 42' Sako M39 wins hands down.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts