• Yugo M57

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Neither, buy another Glock

Votes: 2 4.8%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,930 Posts
I love my Polish TT33. I also have a Romanian and a Yugo. The Yugo as a stiff trigger. The Romanian has a good trigger, but is not as nicely made. My 9mm barrel didn't work in the Romanian. The Polish one (Mine is a 1948 VB Radom) is very nicely made and has a good trigger. The 9mm barrel dropped in and worked fairly well. Shoots 7.62 nicely as well.

The Yugos started out expensive and dropped in price as they didn't sell as many as expected I suppose. Magazines are more expensive or non existent. Cx52 mags can be modified to use in the Yugo, but I haven't tried that. I still like my Yugo. It fits my hand better and has an extra round. I just wish the trigger was better to get better groups.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have all three and like them all. For me, the Yugo is the least accurate. There's something about the Polish one, I'm not sure what, that makes it my favorite. The Yugo mags are hard to find and expensive. Other than the mags, I think the parts for the Yugo model are easier to find than parts for the other two. I think Harrington might have firing pins for the TT-33 and clones in the near future.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other thing. If you are buying one to carry, I don't know about that. These guns might not be a really safe option for that. But, they are a blast on the range.
I’m purchasing one to have a as a fun plinker with cheap ammo.

My concealed carry weapon, a Glock 30, isn't fun or cheap to shoot so I figured the Tokarev would fill that gap.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
my personal experience has been the yugo m57's and polish are both made exceedingly well, with high quality going into them. Yeah, I think in the long run the yugos will be more hard to find parts for, but they are built EXCEPTIONALLY well, have a better firing pin retaining design, and for the money are awesome. The polish are very well made too, but are more expensive. Parts are more common for them, as are mags. Personally though, I'd go yugo if you can find a good one. After that, polish. After that, romanian.....I feel the chinese are junk (friends jammed all the time). The russians are collectors. The romanians are just not generally as high of quality, but are still good shooter pistols. For the money, really, any of them is great right now.

1. Yugo
2. Polish
3. Romanian

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
My 9mm bbls won't work in my M57 but function very well in my Polish. Never had a Romanian, so don't know.

It's a hard call. My M57 fits my hand much better due to the extra length, and is superbly made, but it is not the most accurate pistol in the world. The TT33 otoh is accurate, and if you don't have large hand may fit just right. I'm inclined to recommend the TT33 if you'll only get one Tok variant.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I voted for the Polish. Not a fan of the extended grip on the Yugo, and the Polish seem to have more consistent quality. IMHO from a collecting standpoint I believe the Polish are more desirable for their fit and finish, and as they are the only TT variant that exactly copies the Russian TT(wide slide grooves). The same 2 Yugos have been sitting at the nearest Gander Mt for what seems like ages

Just my opinion of course. After handling many Romanian, Yugo, Polish, and Chinese I went and ordered a Polish TT :)

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
pw arms WAS SUPPOSED to be importing a ton of yugo surp ammo from europe last fall. I spoke with them MYSELF in November and confirmed it. They said early this year, and I am still waiting. Have passed on bulgarian ammo, as I want more yugo if I can get ahold of it. They said they had a lot of yugo 6.62x25 waiting to come in.....and for me the yugo is worth waiting for.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My experience is with my Norinco 54 -1 . I have removed the safety and had about 2000 rds into it. I used Romanian ammo with no problem. The handling of the gun is odd bec of the frame design. But shooting it for a good seven years i have adjusted to it. I can rapid fire a magful in 2-3 secs. My only complaint is the bushing, its not match type. It kind of wiggles so what i did was to apply some white silicon tape to tighten it up. Works fine for a plinker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.