Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I had to save that one. Thanks.

When my kid was in school he asked how WW1 started. I told him an Austrian was visiting in Bosnia and a Serbian shot him. So, Germany attacked France.
Unbeknownst to me, that's what he wrote on his homework assignment.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pretty cool except it leaves out the part where the US gets begged to jump in. Then on the next friday night it starts a new. Russia gets up start pumping iron and becomes the beast in the east. The US goes back home and does a shot and tries to find some work. France will strut like they are the bad boys on the street. England who had done a better job off killing her own men than Germany could have hoped. They will demand that Germany pay for all the damage plus give them some extra. Germany starts licking the wounds, but it want take long and once more is ready for a fight. Starts looking for a scrap in the near east and what do you know its back. Now this time France and England are more than happy just to give stern warnings. Knowing the Germany is a hell of a fighter and has one mean hook. That is till they hear the sound of boots on the street. Germany will knock Poland out with one blow, just walks in and take what they want from the little east guys. France goes down in round one, England is put back onto their island. Please USA send money and guns the scary German is back this time he's madder than ever. So US give his friend the money and guns knowing he will never get it back. But hey we are friends and what are friends for right. England comes back for round two, this time a little less cocky and better prepared. Then Japan thinks hey I bet if we sucker punk the big guy he has a glass jaw. Well that one sucker punk as we know will change history and the world forever. US will evade the fortress Europe and Japan we be knocked out never to lift an arm in a fight again. England claims to be a world champ. France says it never went down like that. Mean while US and Russia meet each other in what may be the longest face off ever. Who can take who? They wonder both heavy weights, both have huge arms with very long reach. Neither will go down easy, Russia has a perfect form in the east fast heavy and very hard to block. The US has a power punch that if it hits is a game changer and has now climb the ladder to be ranked as a heavy weigh champ. So both will stand over top of a beat to death Germany. Mean while they rest of the world starts doing the old dip into the pocket game and see who will be the best bet. I always love these little things, it is great to see how other people view history and current affairs. Of course everything I wrote above is a personal view and noway should be view as 100% correct and is not the view of the USA or its people. It would be impossible to put every detail about the 20's-60's in a post. Just my little world bar fight view as I see it. What if back in 1914 we all would have just had a pint and played darts and bet on a game of billiards.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah I know, I just wanted to have a play on the bar fight joke. No offense meant or hard feelings towards anyone. I made some great friends in England, Holland, Germany, and France while in the US ARMY. I must say that it was the best time of my life and worst as well. I was truly impressed by the NATO forces in Bosnia, as well in Iraq and Afghanistan.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friends should not need to have to beg for help from friends in a fight, true friends just jump in.
Talking of friends -maybe you'd like to pass this over to 'Son'

True Aussie

This morning I was in luck and was able to buy two boxes of "VIC BITTER" at the local Bottle Shop.

I placed the boxes on the front seat and headed back home.
I stopped at a service station where a drop-dead gorgeous sheila in a short skirt was filling up her car at the next pump.
She glanced at the two boxes of beer, bent over and leaned in my passenger window, and said in a sexy voice,
"I'm a big believer in Barter, handsome. Would you be interested in trading sex for beer?"

I thought for a few seconds and asked, "What kind of beer 'ya got?"

·
Registered
324 Posts
Alan that was a good joke, I will have to remember that one. 5th batt, True I guess in some ways. Yet look at it from this side of the pond. Like Grand Dad said, a WW2 vet 41'-46', and his father a WW1 vet, my Dad a Vietnam vet, my daughter US ARMY MP, and my son soon to be a tanker in the US ARMY. Why is that every time that Europe has a war or some war starts in the middle of nowhere the USA is ask to send our boys to die for people who would not let us be free or would attack us if the chance came up? Why was it that the American had to fight just to be free, then do a repeat, then fight a civil war, lets not forget the MAINE. Then come to France to the trenches, come back and do it again some 20 years later, why? You see to stay out of these wars would truly have been a mistake freedom was in danger. Yet we get a black eye in a sneak attack own our twin towers the world wants us to be nice. Be forgiving and kind. How many countries jumped up and said thats my friend who just got sucker punched. Thats right, none the UN ask for a weapons search team and who would form a coalition aka = joke. I got to leave my blood and sweat on foreign battle fields and would gladly do it again. America has come to the aide of her allies, be it money, man, or machine or all of the above. Hell we wrote the book on foreign aide. If history repeats itself and lessons of the past are truly forgotten it want be long. I once was told "Pray for peace then train for war". Remember this, keep your friends close and your enemies closer, A very good piece of advice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks, I hope everyone knows I'm just rubbing them a little. It took everyone one of the allies to take down the Germany war machine. The cold war/ Vietnam war vets deserve a lot more praise than they got, just my 2cents on it. These guys done a job and got the worst end of the stick. True heroes, I love to see these guys and talk to them the stories are unreal.

·
Registered
272 Posts
"The US held back its buddies Britain and France ,who wanted to shiv Germany to death, in the hopes that Germany should live to pay for all the bar damages.... Instead the pub brawl started again ."

I must save that as well. I love the part about Australia having no hard feelings.
Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.