Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
MamasBoy,
Nopers, as I posted before, McCain had the worst NRA rating and history of voting RKBA between the candidates of McCain, Huckabee, and Romney.

Was a choice between Huckabee and Romney for me, and Huckabee's religious intolerance was going to be a problem for voters.

I'm a fan of Reagan, and I didn't care for his view on assault weapons either, but Romney would have had to moderated his views.

Of course, if I really wanted to look foolish, I'd have endorsed Ron Paul after he received 6% of the votes in the primaries. :)

As we all know, the NRA does a tremendous amount of good for our rights, and even helps sponsor gun safety classes so young shooters don't learn to handle a firearm as you do in this video and others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Y37KV2IG8
You still voted for someone who is in favor of the AWB and you didn't know it.

You're quite the typical voter; uniformed yet eager to vote.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
You still voted for someone who is in favor of the AWB and you didn't know it.

You're quite the typical voter; uniformed yet eager to vote.
MamasBoy,
Oh my God, when I see a man-child who still lives at home with mommy and daddy talk about "uniformed" (did you mean "uninformed?") voters with about 30 years experiance, it pretty well sums you up in a nutshell.
I am still laughing.

Your little needle is kind of stuck in that groove, huh? :)
The problem you have is you're seeing life from mommy and daddy's house, and no prior experiance in voting, and even continue to talk about Ron Paul. :)

Nope, I was aware of McCain's, Romney's, and Huckabee's stand on gun issues.

Romney's voting record, not his public statements, gave him a better RKBA rating than McCain, and Huckabee wasn't a consideration for me as I knew his religious views were going to work against him in a general election.
Huckabee had made some anti-Catholic statements that were going to hurt him in key states such as California, Texas, Florida, etc.

A few leaders I admire spoke out against assault rifles, including Reagan, and that's unfortunate. (Not sure if you remember Reagan...you weren't born yet when he was President.)

That's part of being an adult, accepting the fact that nobody will agree with you 100% (unless you're a Paulite, and swallow everything he says hook, line and sinker), but placing pressure on them to reconsider their actions.

As you told someone else (more advice to older people from stay at home MamasBoy with one election under his belt :) ), "Come back in fifteen years."

When a segment of the population reaches a point where they follow a leader in a sheeplike manner, then they resort to a communist form of government such as this one below, where a central power grants land to a person, and allows them to live there as long as they follow their views :) : www.paulville.org

"The goal of Paulville.org it to establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.

The process is forming a co-op of people buying shares in the community and these people would be granted land use at a minimum of 1 acre per share, for as long as they homesteaded the land. The community would be privately held by the co-op to establish private property for the general community thus preserving the community is 100% freedom and liberty lovers. The community votes on all community efforts, such as utilities etc. However no one is forced to consume these utilities and or pay for them, AKA people can be off grid on their share of land. This is in line with the ideals that you're free to live your life the way you want and not be forced to do or pay for other people's life styles you may not agree with..."

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
MamasBoy,
Oh my God, when I see a man-child who still lives at home with mommy and daddy talk about "uniformed" (did you mean "uninformed?") voters with about 30 years experiance, it pretty well sums you up in a nutshell.
I am still laughing.

Your little needle is kind of stuck in that groove, huh? :)
The problem you have is you're seeing life from mommy and daddy's house, and no prior experiance in voting, and even continue to talk about Ron Paul. :)

Nope, I was aware of McCain's, Romney's, and Huckabee's stand on gun issues.

He's still in denial. I think its from the shock of finding out that he voted for someone who is anti-RKBA.

Or if he knew before hand, as he insists, then he willingly voted for someone who is against gun rights.

I...on the other hand, voted for someone who would probably dispose of the ATF. And he calls me and others anti-gun? Bitch please.

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Mauserboy, I thought I read a while back that you voted for McCain?
In the general election yes. Under NC voting laws/regulations, Ron Paul was not a valid right-in candidate.

However I voted for him in the primaries.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
they made their statement and the world shuddered
...and then passed gas...

I'd love to see an on the street poll with Letterman holding up a photo of the cross dresser RuPaul and have him ask people what they thought about the cross dresser "Ron Paul" running in the election.

I still laugh my head off at these guys with their Ron Pauls and Bob Barrs, writing their names on cocktail napkins and putting them in a ballot box.

They needed to be around in 1992 when I voted third party for a guy who gathered 20 million votes.

No "statement" in Oklahoma, since it was only McCain and Obama on the ballot.

· Banned
10,365 Posts
i really like ron paul.. it really is too bad SO MANY people kept saying what a kook he was..
Was and still is! Only his supporters are bigger loosers and kooks!
That you can bank on!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.