Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,779 Posts
He's a libertarian posing as a Republican. There is a difference.

Is there some other way to explain his poor showing in the primaries?

Actually, there are other ways...but I'm coming home today. It is 0630 in the morning in Kuwait and I'm going through customs inspection and briefings today. Should be back in Texas by Thursday afternoon.
Where in Tejas, CC? Fort Hood? If you get over to East Texas, PM me and maybe we can get together - I'll buy you a beer or whatever.

· Banned
3,553 Posts
He's a libertarian posing as a Republican. There is a difference..
LOL.....that sounds like me......Actually, I believe one can be a little of both.
Like myself.....I support conservative values but there are MANY Libertarian ideals I also believe in.......Basically, it boils down to Freedom.....I'm kinda partial to it......;)
As for Labels......The Republican's represent a Political Party.....that's a label..
Conservative is a mindset of beliefs, not a label.......

Have a Safe Trip Home CC!!!!!

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Exactly how would it have been better to listen to a guy who did not impress the voting block he needed to win?

The voting bloc McCain most impressed was Democrats and "moderates" voting in early open GOP primaries. And in the general those people went for Obama. As I've said before, Democrat always clobbers Democrat-Lite...

Perhaps McCain's dismal showing among hispanics in New Mexico and in the southern/border counties of Texas will cause a re-thinking of the Rovian strategy of kissing mojado ass. A group with low education and high out-of-wedlock births is ALWAYS going to vote for the party that offers them the most "free" stuff.

· Registered
14,769 Posts
You're right.....Being a Republican these days means ANTI-CONSERVATISM....Ron Paul is a Conservative, not a Republican
And it didn't make any difference did it? I could just imagine the cartoons if he had been picked. The fresh faced obama against a "republican mummy" :rolleyes: They would have had him propped up against an Egyptian Pyramid.

· Registered
321 Posts
A group with low education and high out-of-wedlock births is ALWAYS going to vote for the party that offers them the most "free" stuff.
DT,
That's it in a nutshell. A party platform that is based on (comparative) fiscal conservatism and small(er) government will never, ever find many adherents among immigrants who want wealth distributed their way, no matter how much Latino rump it kisses.

Best,
Gunnar

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
There is nothing to suggest Paul would've energized the Republican base to go out and vote for him in even the numbers McCain received.

Paul lost the primaries largely because he wasn't a Republican and party voters could see it.
If by Republican you mean war-mongering, big spending neo-con, then yes.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Paul lost, among other things, because he was surrounded by the likes of MB. With supporters like that, who needs enemas (or was it enemies)?

· Registered
284 Posts
The voting bloc McCain most impressed was Democrats and "moderates" voting in early open GOP primaries. And in the general those people went for Obama. As I've said before, Democrat always clobbers Democrat-Lite...

Perhaps McCain's dismal showing among hispanics in New Mexico and in the southern/border counties of Texas will cause a re-thinking of the Rovian strategy of kissing mojado ass. A group with low education and high out-of-wedlock births is ALWAYS going to vote for the party that offers them the most "free" stuff.
I do think DT is right on this, especially the Hispanic vote part. I’d like to expand on this a bit…

This should be a valuable lessen for all future GOP nominees if they wish too win…case in point McCain. Here was McCain, he wrote the immigration reform bill (amnesty bill), which was shot down by conservatives in his own party, he thought he was going to carry a large hispanic vote as a result of his open border, pro-illegal mentality he so pushed for…he catered to the every wish of the hispanic vote. What did the anglo GOP senator from Arizona get for being open border, pro amnesty? Nothing- The hispanics left him high and dry plain and simple. Look at how the Hispanics ended up voting, they threw McCain under the bus for Obama in record numbers. As a result of his amnesty bill McCain did however receive the distain of conservatives, the “hold your nose and vote for him” from his own party…again he got nothing, nada, zero from the Hispanic community which stood in record lines to vote for the liberal Obama. Let this be a valuable lessen. I’m hoping the GOP noticed this too.

· Registered
3,940 Posts
Isn't Ron Paul that guy who rceived about 6% of the votes in the primaries?

I seem to recall the guy I voted for Third Party in 1992 getting 20 million votes.

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Isn't Ron Paul that guy who rceived about 6% of the votes in the primaries?

I seem to recall the guy I voted for Third Party in 1992 getting 20 million votes.
I lol'd at your sig.

So, how does it feel knowing that you voted for a guy in favor of the AWB during the primaries?

· Registered
3,940 Posts
=MauserboyM48;600315]I lol'd at your sig.

So, how does it feel knowing that you voted for a guy in favor of the AWB during the primaries?
And seeing how Huckabee stood less of a chance against Obama than Romney...really good..

And seeing how Romney had a higher NRA grade than McCain...really good

And seeing how he gets anywhere from an "A" rating to a "B" rating from the NRA...really good...

And seeing how I voted for McCain in the GENERAL election and not for Paul or Barr...really good...

Why do you ask?

So...how does it feel to have to resort to the language that you do on these boards. :)

· Registered
7,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
And seeing how Huckabee stood less of a chance against Obama than Romney...really good..

And seeing how Romney had a higher NRA grade than McCain...really good
HAHAHA So this is your justification? You really didn't know he was anti-gun, did you? You let the NRA do your thinking. Perfect example of how SHEEP vote.

We've been over this before, if Nancy Pelosi gave the NRA $40 million they'd give her an A+ rating and an award.

Romney has only been in the NRA since August of 2006. How ironic, a man who has been anti-gun his whole life suddenly has a change of heart, just before he runs for President. No, there is nothing fishy there, not at all. :rolleyes:

· Registered
14,769 Posts
For all of you folks who "voted your conscience or voted as a protest", you actualy voted for obama. If that makes you feel "good" so be it.
However we now have a LIBERAL Democrat headed for the White House and just as I will have to live with it, you will also have to do the same.
For at least the next two years or more, NOBODY but you will remember your "protest"
The closest thing I can compare this to is those germans who voted against the Weimar republic.

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,779 Posts
I would judge that BHO will be an ineffective and rather poor president - Jimmy Cahtuh redux. RP would have been, if elected, even worse...

· Registered
3,940 Posts
HAHAHA So this is your justification? You really didn't know he was anti-gun, did you? You let the NRA do your thinking. Perfect example of how SHEEP vote.

We've been over this before, if Nancy Pelosi gave the NRA $40 million they'd give her an A+ rating and an award.

Romney has only been in the NRA since August of 2006. How ironic, a man who has been anti-gun his whole life suddenly has a change of heart, just before he runs for President. No, there is nothing fishy there, not at all. :rolleyes:
MamasBoy,
Nopers, as I posted before, McCain had the worst NRA rating and history of voting RKBA between the candidates of McCain, Huckabee, and Romney.

Was a choice between Huckabee and Romney for me, and Huckabee's religious intolerance was going to be a problem for voters.

I'm a fan of Reagan, and I didn't care for his view on assault weapons either, but Romney would have had to moderated his views.

Of course, if I really wanted to look foolish, I'd have endorsed Ron Paul after he received 6% of the votes in the primaries. :)

As we all know, the NRA does a tremendous amount of good for our rights, and even helps sponsor gun safety classes so young shooters don't learn to handle a firearm as you do in this video and others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Y37KV2IG8

http://www.paulville.org/

While it's always amusing for us to receive crtiticism as being "sheep" from somebody who still lives at home with his parents when he's approaching his mid 20's, one only has to go to Ron Paul's website to see what sheep really are like, as stated in the first paragraph:

"The goal of Paulville.org it to establish gated communities containing 100% Ron Paul supporters and or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.

The process is forming a co-op of people buying shares in the community and these people would be granted land use at a minimum of 1 acre per share, for as long as they homesteaded the land. The community would be privately held by the co-op to establish private property for the general community thus preserving the community is 100% freedom and liberty lovers. The community votes on all community efforts, such as utilities etc. However no one is forced to consume these utilities and or pay for them, AKA people can be off grid on their share of land. This is in line with the ideals that you're free to live your life the way you want and not be forced to do or pay for other people's life styles you may not agree with."

· Registered
3,940 Posts
For all of you folks who "voted your conscience or voted as a protest", you actualy voted for obama. If that makes you feel "good" so be it.
However we now have a LIBERAL Democrat headed for the White House and just as I will have to live with it, you will also have to do the same.
For at least the next two years or more, NOBODY but you will remember your "protest"
The closest thing I can compare this to is those germans who voted against the Weimar republic.
Or, as I love pointing out, me voting for Perot didn't seem to change either party back in 1992 with 20 million votes, so we can rest assured that Paul and Barr won't even be a blip on the radar.

MamasBoy, GC, Llama, DT, etc. really must have thought they had the corner on originality when they were voting Third Party this time. :)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.