Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine gave me an old handgun of his to fix. Its a Mauser 1910 chambered in .32 ACP.

It reads "MAUSER-WERKE A.G. OBERNDORF A.N." on the slide and it has a German Military acceptance stamp behind the rear sight. All parts are original. Finish is in poor condition but the pistol is functional except for a broken firing pin, missing follower and missing base plate. What struck me as odd was this.

No safety catch button! The frame has a cut out for one but the grip does not. The safety levers only function appears to be holding in the spring for the sear.

Any idea what the story behind this pistol is? Is it worth anything?

Pictures from a real camera can be provided.

·
Registered
147 Posts
re: Identifying Odd Mauser 1910

Hello...

First off, in the configuration shown, this is not a Mauser 1910. It is a Mauser 1934, given the rakish grip angle, caliber, and the slide markings. However, I can only speculate on the missing safety button. Perhaps it is merely missing? But then, that does not explain the missing cutout on the left grip. An interesting puzzle...perhaps some else can answer this.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you sure that the stamp behind the rear sight is military? On the M1914 Mausers, that stamp is a commercial nitro proof. The military acceptance stamp (on the M1914) is in front of the rear sight. But that may not be the case with the M1934.

JT

·
Registered
293 Posts
Briefly, the marking (C/U or E/N) found behind the rear sight on both M1914 and M1934 is a commercial nitro mark. The commercial proof is also found on the right side of the barrel retaining lug. Military (Heer) markings on the M1934, both acceptance and proof were placed on the left upper rear frame. Police and Kreigsmarine Acceptance markings were placed on the right or left frame, depending on variation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures:

More Questions:

Any .32ACP ammo I should avoid besides hollow point rounds and +P?

Who is this best parts dealer for these pistols?

Is it ok to dry fire?

If it is worth something what should I ask for it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts