Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone give good info on this proofed bolt? I believe it is Bavarian Amberg but I don't know the date range, or if it is possible to date it. The bolt came in a gew98m 1917 DWM straight nazi conversion and the top bolt root was ground. I believe the bolt handle was bent during conversion. During the rework bending process, would the top root have been ground to compensate for metal stretch?

I doubt it is the correct original bolt to the rifle but knowing a little bit of history about it would help me alot.

Also, does anyone have a website showing different proofs for mausers(not k98) along with definitions or time frame of proofs? Crown over letters would help also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought it was amberg but any date info would be helpful but doubtful it could get narrowed to the year.

what were the years of operation for amberg?

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
1,707 Posts
This stamp was applied to Amberg Gew 98s and Kar 98s during the period of manufacture of those weapons there. Amberg began work in 1801 and ceased production in 1918. The stamp was not applied to Amberg products prior to the M98 system (i.e., not found on Gew 88s, Werder M69s, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts