Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning out my ammo closet and found this stuff. The tin says 250 rds 8x56 on the outside. I remember buying it thinking it would fit my SVT but it did not. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I think is may be for M95's? Do you think anyone be interested in buying it? Thanks

·
Administrator
12,404 Posts
Bulgarian-made 8x56R for Mannlicher M.95. You should not have any problems selling it on the Trader. Was it stored properly since you have opened the tin? Some of the cases look stained - or is this just dust?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello gcheimis,

I noticed in the back ground of your photo, it looks like a bunch of smith carbine tubes.
Do you shoot a smith carbine?
I own an original smith carbine that I have been shooting in the NSS-A for about 25 years.
They are a nice shooting gun.

Have a good day,
Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dust

Yes they are very dusty. I recently re-finished the basement and there is dust from sanding on everything. Any ideas on a reasonable price to list them for?

Yes, they are Smith tubes in the background. I have a repro Smith that I used for CW re-enacting.

GC

·
Administrator
12,404 Posts
GC, I do have ideas on a reasonable price. :D :D

However, I would advise you to do your own research as no ammo prices are reasonable right now. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Price

OK, I searched the web for 8x56r and found prices in the range of .75 up to $2 per round. The higher prices were when they came with clips. All the sites were sold out. Should I list this stuff for .75 or $1. That seems high to me, but my wife is out of work and we need money. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

GC

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
I've seen it sell pretty regularly at both .75 and 1.00/round. Pricing either or meeting in the middle, and I am sure it will sell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.