Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas , what do I have here ?

Whats up with the duo bayo attachments ?
I see a M35 bayo fits it.

A value estimate would be helpful too !
Thx !

·
Banned
7,242 Posts
Spanish, but that's all I know...

·
Gold Bullet Member
316 Posts
Looks like a Spanish model 1943 but with an FR8 style crest and date. Partial modification? What caliber?
Anything on the side rail?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
On the left side on the barrel knox is "cal 7.92" ...small P in a square and R in a square
"cal" being in a stylized font.
Left side if the receiver is the serial number only
Appears to be all matching

·
Gold Bullet Member
316 Posts
I just checked mine. It is basically the same as yours except my date of 1945. I had labeled it as a model 43, for the Army as opposed to the M44 Air Force with the 'wing' crest. Might not be a real model difference, just crest and front sight ears. Don't know.
I gave about $50 for it 5 or so years ago and has a MM bolt, often with rust issues.
Bill

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
This Spanish made Mauser has the special added bayonet lug. In Europe this rifle (if the barrel is in very good condition) would cost 250 Euros. Yes, that much!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
This is a Spanish M43 Mauser - FR-8 rifles were made from M43 Mausers, that is why you see this crest on some FR-8 rifles. The extended bayonet lug allowed usage of the earlier style bayonets still in inventory in the Spanish arsenals. Going price on a rifle like this in good to very good condition is $160 to $175 (if matching numbers).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts