Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking some listings on Auction Arms & saw this nice looking Tokyo T-14. It was listed as all matching except for the mag. If you look at the cocking piece you can easily see that it's a renumbered Kokubunji part. I sent a "question to the seller" message & didn't realize it would show up at the bottom of the auction. Oh well :rolleyes:
http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=8932278

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Don't see any messages or your question. I think sellers have the option or ability to delete questions, at least after a number of days following their initial submission.

C/

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chip, it's still there. You have to scroll to almost the very bottom of the listing to see it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honest mistake. That's information I would like to have when looking at an auction.
Me too, I was surprised to see it still got bids after I asked! The scrubbing of the original number is obvious & the inspection mark is there for all to see.

·
Diamond Member
1,009 Posts
Rob,

I don't see your comment, either.

I saw this, too, a few days ago, and I attempted to blow-up the left side image of the "B" position to see the mark of the arsenal doing the upgrade. It could be the same "JYO" mark on the cocking knob, but, it is very unclear and could easily be something else. Regardless, the cocking knob is certainly not part of the gun's original manufacture.

Not many people would know enough about Nambu inspection marks to catch this mismatch. For a rifle guy, you have a pretty good eye for pistol anomalies.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is pretty weird. I clicked on the link I posted & it's there immediately below the last photo.??? I don't get it...

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
Rob,
you can see it, as can the seller. It will show up for everyone only if the seller chooses to make it public; no one else can see it until that happens.

·
Diamond Member
1,009 Posts
Rob,

For those of us who cannot access your quote, what was it? That way, we can have an idea of how mad you made the seller. Did you use your usual tact?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rob,
you can see it, as can the seller. It will show up for everyone only if the seller chooses to make it public; no one else can see it until that happens.
Ah ha, well then - shame on that seller!
Damn, I thought I was coming down with Dossitis ;)

·
Silver Bullet member
15,678 Posts
No,
just "I don't know about AA or GB 'itis".

·
Silver Bullet member
2,135 Posts
Hey, Hey, only the one asking the question and the sell can see the question and answer unless one of you click on "show to public" riceone

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Learned something new & the buyer is about to as well if he tries to sell it to a knowledgable collector ;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rob,
For a rifle guy, you have a pretty good eye for pistol anomalies.
I was a pistol guy for a while until I realized what kind of $$ I was getting into. I still follow them closely. As soon as my new 14.9 arrives I'll have a grand total of 9. Not many, but a nice cross section.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Gold Bullet member
6,156 Posts
Rob, a Kokubunji "Jyo" mark is not necessary incorrect on the cocking knob of an early Tokyo, as Kokubinji was involved in the arsenal renovations and refurbs of the early T-14s. However this case clearly looks like some other numbers (probably the first and third digit) were erased and renumbered to match the gun using funky fonts, a big no-no piece for sure.

FYI, I will attach a photo of cocking knobs from Tokyo Serial #1 and #2. Note the #2 has the Jyo mark denoting the rewok by Kokubunji.

Dan, Friday may look to be a Battle Royale !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts