Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The swedish folköl (people's beer) that they sell in the stores is not drinkable, 3.6% alcohol, and I am absolutely certain (without having tried, mind you.) that my neighbors cat pees better stuff than that... Horrible!

The Stärköl (strong beer) that they sell in the state monopoly shops, at 5% and upwards is more drinkable, a few good variants.

This craft beer is actually quite palatable. :)

So, i sometimes drink Swedish beer, but never the standard folköl! And, we have way better craft beers in Norway. We also have, though expensive, access to Belgian Trappist beer, which is the nectar of the Gods!

So, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Dear BC, you are always welcome to enjoy a real beer at my place! As a man of the world you know there is the allround 'chickenpi$$' and the beverage a man sets straight!
Belgian Trappist beer, dear Tore, doesn't need publicity ... real quality never does! May I remind you of the 'expense' you, unfortunately, have to pay for an excellent Belgian Trappist, and this since the Vikings lost some of their medievel feathers/plumes in my neighbourhood? There is this Walloon/French expression: "Le prix s'oublie!". Meaning: "The price will always be forgotten!".
You want something badly? You pay the price! Was it too much? Forget it!!! Always welcome dear BC!

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Enjoy, Bayonetcollector. All this talk of good beer. Now I have to go get my lone little bottle of Belgian beer out of the fridge to let it warm up a bit before dinner.

·
Diamond Member
4,293 Posts
Dear tplan...ANY Belgian beer should be served/drunk between 8 and14 degrees of Celsius! PLEASE don'tgive the interested ones wrong ideas:)
I am aware, my friend, that's why I have to prepare to have one ahead of time. Those of us who cannot get it fresh have to make do with what we can get. My wife and I have both been longing to get back to Belgium for the food and the beer. I have heard of a canal barge tour where you have a room on the boat, and they take you to one town for one meal and the local beer, back in the boat to the next town for the next meal and beer, etc., etc. that sounds like a true cultural tour to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.