Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But almost everything in their "Antique Military Arms" page is already sold. I rarely visit the site, because most of the stuff there (and almost anything I'd want) is marked "sold"

I rarely visit anymore, because there's no point, since everything's sold already.

Dennis, I'd visit more often if you'd just remove the "sold" guns. I'd prefer to see three guns for sale that 30 guns, 5% of which are still available. Right now there are 27 guns listed, but only one is still for sale.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,510 Posts
Try Military Rifles or Handguns instead of Antique Firearms. There are plenty to choose from.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,059 Posts
Getting on empires mailing list is the Key, the current ad was posted yesterday I found it at about noon in my email , he runs that post for 24 hours before he posts it on the web, here was the email post that was in my box at about noon 05/05 - at that time none of the items had been sold yet -- his system updates as stuff in ordered --- you need to get on the list , http://www.empirearms.com/050510.htm

·
Registered
476 Posts
+1 probably 80% of the stuff never makes it past the email list.

I have only bought one thing because most times by the time i see the email and write i want it, it is gone. But it gets the adreline up everytime I get one, because you never know what will be in there, and if you want it you have to make a snap judgement.

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,666 Posts
Quitter.

·
Diamond Member
539 Posts
Mmmmmmmm

I didn't think he was doing the early e-mail list anymore. I used to get it and then it stopped. That was several years ago. I had made some purchases from it too, it was or is an excellent source.
:clap:

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,436 Posts
If you want uncommon firearm's you should add to Empire,s "wish list". I assume the ones on his sight have survived the "wish list" and "e mail list". He attends all the big shows in the country, if he's keeping his eye out for you. You can't beat that coverage. Especialy from a expert judge of what your looking for. The main thing we should not lose sight of,(especialy these day's) is the man makes it possible for us to enjoy this page.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Being on Dennis' email list is a must but one can even lose out on that. Less than an hour ago I was able to snag a Finn 91/30 1931 Tula and a 1944 Izhevsk M38 in the correct M38 stock from Dennis. The new list had just come about three hours before and already there were many rifles already sold. I keep a standard email form ready with all the info to mail to him if I find something. I just fill in the blank with what I want to purchase. I copy and paste and send. Speed is everything sometimes.

The only problem is that making any score like that is constant monitoring, checking your email for updates, checking the site and rechecking again. I find it exhausting sometimes and have watched as something I might want to buy is marked as sold before I can act. Thankfully I work in the evenings so I can check in during the day.

For me, living in California, Empire Arms is a great source for finding good solid firearms. The Gun shows here are so highly regulated I don't even bother going. I would have to fill out all that paperwork to buy a rifle even though I have an 03 FFL. At least buying from Dennis I know what I'm getting and have been more than happy with what i have purchased from him.

Oh Wow! I'm editing this post because I just receieved an email form Empire with my UPS tracking info not even an hour after sending the payment info. Excellent service!

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,036 Posts
Regarding the "speed" in seeing/responding to Dennis' EXCELLENT e-mail listings, it's simple - set up an e-mail alert in your mail preferences; anything that comes from "empirearms.com" with a subject line of "New Stuff" gets forwarded to your cell phone - back when I had more disposable income I did this and scored a bunch of NICE rifles from Dennis this way. As long as you've got text messaging on your cell phone you're all set, Outlook and Yahoo mail agents have this feature, I'm sure others do as well. Ah, the good old days when money flowed freely....

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
But almost everything in their "Antique Military Arms" page is already sold. I rarely visit the site, because most of the stuff there (and almost anything I'd want) is marked "sold"
As it states VERY CLEARLY on the page in question:

By the way, though we would *LOVE* to have more antique firearms in-stock the simple truth is that 90% of antique-qualified firearms we encounter are in fair to poor condition (or worse), and the ones we DO find that are in better condition tend to sell immediately for whatever price we ask without even offering them on these pages.

I do not know how much clearer I could make that statement.

Dennis, I'd visit more often if you'd just remove the "sold" guns. I'd prefer to see three guns for sale that 30 guns, 5% of which are still available. Right now there are 27 guns listed, but only one is still for sale.
So YOU would rather see a SINGLE unsold antique firearm on that page, than to see the ones we have sold already (and AT the prices listed, to use as a reference)? Over the past three days we have published two "New Stuff" pages (for those on our mailing-list of over 9,000 customers) that contained TEN ANTIQUE rifles, every one which sold immediately (and thus none survived to add to our antique page).

Maybe I should just take our "antique" page down entirely since it bothers you so badly.

The goal of Empire Arms is to actually SELL firearms, and *not* just to offer them for sale.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well one thing I'd like to add regarding all the "sold" stuff is.... Keep the the pictures up.

Thanks Dennis!

Please don't take the sold ones down. It's a great resource of "what looks like what". Most of the items the average Joe Schmuck like me has no clue. Kinda nice to just check out all the different firearms. (I personally like to look at the pistols.)

It's been awhile since purchasing anything but I am a past customer of Dennis and no doubt will always frequent his site as long as he is in business.

Draybo (thinking "Triphammer.....Cool name for a band. *bigsmile*)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with Draybo. Dennis keep the sold pictures up. They are a good source of reference as well. Even if I'm not looking for anything to purchase I like to look and compare the pictures for information and future purchases.

As for all those sold antique firearms added to the actual site. I seem to remember many of those being available and selling over time not all in one day. I recall an antique Russian M91 that was available for quite awhile but at the time I did not have the money. It's now been sold but I figure there will be others eventually.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,510 Posts
I posted earlier on this thread and then noticed a recommendation to subscribe to Dennis' email list. Plus another recommendation to buy quickly from the list or else miss out.

The first email notice I saw was the one that was linked to on this thread (link now removed). I subscribed and got my first notice Friday. There was a Guatemalan VZ24 that looked good for $450 so I acted quickly to buy it. I had been watching another Guatemalan VZ24 on Gunbroker with a minimum bid of $600 and it was not as good as the one Dennis had. The Gunbroker one has a mismatched stock with a serial number in a block that suggests it is not Guatemalan but rather a European VZ24 stock.

I had a nice long phone conversation with Dennis. He is very straight and no nonsense, the kind of guy I like to deal with. Plus Empire Arms is a Gunboards sponsor.

I vote Empire Arms :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Added: I just saw where Larry Eisel sold one on Gunbroker last month for $555.88. The receiver serial number was crudely overstamped and it looked like it had a DR block Romanian serial number on the stock.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
got my first notice Friday. There was a Guatemalan VZ24 that looked good for $450 so I acted quickly to buy it.

I had a nice long phone conversation with Dennis. He is very straight and no nonsense, the kind of guy I like to deal with. Plus Empire Arms is a Gunboards sponsor.
:?:confused::?:tisk::tisk::tisk:

From Empire Arms' Cinco de Mayo email:
ORDERING PROCEDURE:

Empire Arms does not accept phone orders (never have, never will). Email is the preferred method (for speed) but FAX (386) 677-7324 is acceptable as well.
;)

SlimTim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts