Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Lemmy, does a cat have climbing gear? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Tuco like beer?

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is it?
That is a Finnish experimental rifle model 1934. It was built around Mauser action and barreled with Tikkakoski 7.62x54R barrel. The magazine came from L/S-26 LMG and it was shortened to have five rounds. A few hundreds of these were made. Some sources say 200+.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
Go for it! Not only is it rare but it's :cool:

·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pass along the details to me and I will take it off your hands.......
Nope, it is already HERE! Keep your hands in your pockets, PLEASE!. We have not agreed about the details of this trade yet, like the final price.

·
Premium Member
105,713 Posts
That pesky little detail of price always gets in the way doesn't it!

·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That pesky little detail of price always gets in the way doesn't it!
Yep, it is always this little detail called THE price. Let´s se how it goes.

·
Administrator
19,280 Posts
Actually Tuco does not like beer and he especially does not like beer after eating Moose.

Really cool Lemmy. Wish I had one.....

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,871 Posts
Actually Tuco does not like beer and he especially does not like beer after eating Moose.

Really cool Lemmy. Wish I had one.....
Who is Moose???!

Poot

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
How about more pictures? What advantages or disadvantages the design had?

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Well maybe you can talk Tuco into selling his tank & loaning you the proceeds to buy that rifle - The rifle seems to be one of those "one of a kind" type purchases =+)

Pahtu.

·
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about more pictures? What advantages or disadvantages the design had?
I have some difficulties with pictures since my camera is broken. I have been using my cell phone camera, but as you can see the quality is poor.

M/34 was the last of these official "Experimental rifles". Because these rifles were official, the shooters could use them in competitions, where militrary rifles were normally used. In 1920ies the shooters were not satisfied with the m/91 and their ammo. You should remember, that by that time there were no new barreled m/91s and also the ammo was "Civil War Vintage".

The first ones were chambered for 7x57 and in the beginning normal iron sights with vindage adjustment were used. Later Lyman or Finnish equivalent aperture sights were used. By 1930 the caliber was changed to 762x54R. Some of the older types were rebarreled.

M/34 was produced at least by Tikkakoski.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts