Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Let us know how this turns out. I asked the guy for more (and better) pics. He sent two more that were just as blurry, but it was a '98 Tula.

See if this is the one...
Too bad those are also blurry. I think I can make out the Tula stamp a little better though, maybe wishful thinking. At least it has a rod.

As soon as it arrives I'll take some and post them. Hopefully since theres no FFL involved it will be a little quicker...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Is that an AZF mark on the receiver? Can't find the Z mark either.

Looks like a promising piece. :D Look forward to the pics! :D

I just bought an 1896 Tula Finn Captured and it sure was nice having it come straight to the door. :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Jeez.......... $600??
I had my alll original stamped matching Tula (except for the scrubbed buttplate!!)up on the trader for $235 and didn't get a single nibble.Mine had a heck of a lot less metal finish but my stock looked better!
Time to put it on GB........

·
Registered
401 Posts
The importer-added serial number screams "Finn import" to me, though I haven't been in the game for 25 years.

I never thought I'd see a non-sniper 91/30 go for anything close to that. Must have been a fluke. If not, a few original-matching 91/30s might just be going up on the auction site... ;)
Must have been a "Fluke".
Obama got elected. That was a "Fluke" too.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,584 Posts
Let us know how this turns out. I asked the guy for more (and better) pics. He sent two more that were just as blurry, but it was a '98 Tula.

See if this is the one...
Good grief! Did the seller use a dirty fishbowl as a camera lens?

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,621 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Only thing I see 'wrong' is unnumbered floorplate. If you want toi call that wrong. It appears several guys thought it close enough to qualify for all original matching. Everyone make a note and let's see how long until you get another shot at an all original matching 91/30........
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have gone that high, either. What it shows is the existing desire & appreciation out there for such rifles.
+1 That is one of the nicest 91/30 I have seen, if it had not been for the floorplate and the fact that it was made at Tula, I would have glady paid the $600.00 and more for such a rifle.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.