Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a pawn shop today I saw what I think is a swedish carbine - but I may be wrong.
Pics to follow, but here is what I saw -
Basic M94 Configuration
Mismatched bolt
M94 rear sight, with screw on top right (instead of the top left I saw in some pictures)
M94 nosecap with cleaning rod hole ??? (not 94/14 configuration)
NO manufacturer marks or stamps on receiver
Glossy Red stock
Stock and receiver S/N 47##
I do have crappy pics that I will post as soon as my crappy phone emails them to me.

Opinions? I know fakes are an issue with this model. THANKS!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,505 Posts
I can't find any information on rarity of those rifles - any ideas? They want 225 for it at the shop.
Amazing how close the two models look.
http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome

Note that there is an 1895 carbine and a 1916 carbine. Do not confuse the 1916 carbine with the model 1916 rifle, even though the "rifle" only has a 22" barrel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have two of the Spanish Mausers, model 1916. I guess mine are the rifle version, the barrel measures 21 3/4" from the tip of the muzzle to the rear of the chamber. Both sling swivels are on the side. These are chambered in 7.62 NATO (7.62x51).

If I remember right, they were advertised as 'Home Guard', when I bought them several years ago.

After reading the information at the link provided above, mine is the rifle and has the Civil Guard Crest on the top of the receiver ring. On the left side of the receiver is stamped 7.62 and further rearward is the original serial number beginning with 3Z followed by 4 more numbers, both rifles. On the right side of the receiver is stamped the new serial number, both rifles have 4 digits, one begining with a 5 and the other a 6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.