Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen this before from my '85 Mak. Using 95gr fmj Silver Bear, on rounds 6 and 7 from an eight round clip. 'Bout crapped my pants. ('Bout...not) An old fellow at the range who has a Bulgie himself, said that I should check the disconnect spring? I will familliarize myself with that part next time I have a chance, but could you all tell me something? Thanks for any input. my357mag

·
Registered
620 Posts
I just replaced my sear, spring, and hammer. I kept having the hammer drop every time I used the slide stop. I found this out one day while cleaning the gun and I refuse to take chances in my carry piece. It was a $20 fix. After changing the parts, I tested the slide drop for a good 15 minutes of rake and drop. Not a single failure. I got the parts from here:

http://www.makarov.com/cart/vitemmakparts.htm

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just replaced my sear, spring, and hammer. I kept having the hammer drop every time I used the slide stop. I found this out one day while cleaning the gun and I refuse to take chances in my carry piece. It was a $20 fix. After changing the parts, I tested the slide drop for a good 15 minutes of rake and drop. Not a single failure. I got the parts from here:

http://www.makarov.com/cart/vitemmakparts.htm

That is the correct fix for it

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
+3 on sear/hammer

Some pretty gritty stuff can squeeze into the FP channel-but if the prob continues after you clean the channel(you need to hear the pin shake); the sear/sear spring/hammer fix aforementioned is the way to resolve this.If you are using your Makarov as a carry piece but shoot it frequently ;it is in your best interest to take no chances ,as it is a cheap fix.A good time to replace the mainspring but I have never had to replace one out of necessity yet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will do this, if need be

I have been so busy and will not be able to address the Mak till after July4 holiday, but it is first on my firearm list of things to address. Matter of fact, I have so many days of vacation that I am taking, might as well try to solve all my shooting issues, huh?
ALL of you, have a very happy and SAFE FORTH OF JULY!!! my357mag

·
Registered
58 Posts
address it sooner than that as the parts will soon disappear from mak.com as they are closing their doors.

I know that I for one have bought a ton of parts for no reason other than the thought of not knowing where I will get them should I need them...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.