·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The grey blanket effect.:?
Yep. Large numbers of watchers with more money than sense. And it looked to be in OK condition. I noticed that he didn't show a picture of the barrel/receiver serial numbers and thought something may be fishy. Then in the description he added later that the stock didn't match. I wonder if someone asked him for pics of the other serial numbers and he 'realized' his mistake and corrected it? Once again his description and pictures left a lot to be desired. Though he seemed to fix the description later. When ever I think of bidding on something of his I always go in assuming that there are missing pictures and missing / poorly worded descriptions.

Once again only two bidders taking the price from 'OK' to 'holy crap!' levels. Two guys from $750 to $1180. Crazy.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
My only dealings with this seller have been less than positive. I do feel there are many times where information isn't necessarily purposely misrepresented, but many times when it is withheld or erroneously stated with confidence. I don't know why buyers are willing to give him a premium (plus). I guess he has a good following with a lot of pieces to look at, and it serves a lot of folks with a lot of money who don't like to hunt around for what they want. The ebay of milsurp sales.

All that said, this just seems stupid. I have 2 1888's, an 88/90, and a 90/95, and I paid less for all of them combined than that rifle sold for. Crazy.

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to turn this into a discussion about the seller, I was simply wondering if there is something unusual about the gun in question that I didn't notice. Judging by the number of high bidders the gun was definitely interesting enough. Heck, I even know one of them and asked him why the high bid... No reply, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.