Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help on A WWII Po8 1941 Luger and I posted my message and pics of the pistol to the Military mauser forum. Any help I could get with this gun would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
I looked at your photos and it looks like you've come across a very nice condition P.08 Luger. But buy the gun not the story as they say. Without documentation such a the original war trophy paperwork (aka Capture Papers) there's no proof that it was that it was taken from an SS officer or even that it is a legitimate WW2 trophy. The shoulder holster does appear to be one that could have been made overseas for a GI. The eagle/655 marking is called a Waffenamt which showed that it had been inspected and accepted for service by government inspectors at the Mauser factory. If you post some photos of the 9mm cartridge headstamps on the Ammo Bunker forum someone there may be able to tell you which factories made your ammo. As to deciding on a fair market price having 1 matching magazine adds considerable value. Your best bet to getting a better idea of it's selling value would be to check the gun auction website for completed auctions and see what they've sold for. Luger values are all over the place and it depends upon the condition if it's totally matching numbers. One nice thing about this Luger doesn't have the chip at the top of the grip usually caused by improper disassembly. Good luck with your possible purchase and welcome to the GunBoards forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.