Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just picked up some 7.62x54r Ammo at a local shop, (the owner said he's had it a long time) I went to Ted's site and also Tuco's 110 yrs of .54 and no luck finding the country of origin much less if its heavy or lite, steel or lead core.
Case is brass , with no painted tip, casing and head stamp seem very high quality ( compaired to my Hungarian, Polish and Czech) The head stamp is pressed in ( like Modern ammo) unlike most head stamps in combloc manufacturing which protrude
Tucos site has a 3B reverse of mine, head stamp but the picture is not at all the same.

the head stamp as follows:
Top: (Star)

Left: B Right: 3

Bottom: 48

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks!
Ill double check on the site. THe Bulgarian head stamp on Teds site looks different and no mention of 40's production, also the star threw me off since I found no refrence of any countrys/plants, using the communist star.

Also is $3.95 resonable per package?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would think so with the prices now. And you don't pay shipping. Is it 20rds. a pack?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I guess $3.95 for twenty rounds is pretty reasonable considering they were selling for $5.00 - $6.00 at the last show I attended.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got taken, I didnt even think to check the pack count, and its ten rounds.... ( only combloc ammo Ive seen in 10 rd packs)

I cracked open a case of brass cased Albanian I had tucked away (paid I think 39.99 for 440 rounds) and its some what on par to the Bulgarian on inspection.

Do be honest, I thought I found a good score of 7 N 1 when I saw the star on the head stamp and jumped on a couple bundles. Ill see how it does in the PEM and the 28/30. I gues I'll probably save my meager 20 rounds for a postal match.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Glee, check Ted's Site for a picture of the 7N1 and its packaging. The paper has the Cyrillic word for "sniper" all over it. Otherwise it is visually indistinguishable from Russian ammo. I've passed up on it for $6/20 a couple of times in the past, but haven't seen it very recently. Last was about 6-9 months ago.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
I see it quite often and pass on it because of the price and the fact that the little I have shot isn't much better than almost anything else I have shot. That alone makes it a bad buy to me. Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts