Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends:
I own a model 1922 Star in 9 mm largo, of course.
The extractor is shot. It has been modified in the past and butchered so it does not have the original profile nor the dimensions. These extractors are virtually unobtainable. I recentry contacted IPARGUNS in spain and they can manufacture for me a new extractor which in turn will have to be fitted to my pistol by a gunsmith. They asked me to send mine for dimensions etc. Since mine is virtually destroyed, I'm asking a favor. If any of the members own a 1922 model pistol if he could remove the extractor, measure it carefully and photograph it for me. I know this is a lot to ask!!!
He (or she!) could post the results here or e-mail me ([email protected])
Note: I believe that the model A of 1922 and 1923, the model A of 1924 to 1930 and the 1931 and later model A have the same extractor!
Any help will be extremelly appreciated!!!!
Gracias!
JJC

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,982 Posts
Dear friends:
I own a model 1922 Star in 9 mm largo, of course.
Note: I believe that the model A of 1922 and 1923, the model A of 1924 to 1930 and the 1931 and later model A have the same extractor!
Any help will be extremelly appreciated!!!!
Gracias!
JJC
More info, please. Does your extractor fit into a T-shaped slot in the slide? M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1922 star extractor

See attachment photo. The one with the "T" shape is 1921.
As seen in the photo, the extractor is "sunk' in the front. This is because it has been filed inside to cause the claw to grab the head of the cartridge, because, evidently the claw of the extractor was worn or broken. Anyhow it does not work.
Thank you for your interest.
JC

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hi JJC,

Please contact STAR from this board. He had a ton of Star parts. I bought parts from him about three weeks ago.

Or contact Sarco in NJ, they may have the part you need. You can buy a Star gunsmith special for $90 and have plenty of spare parts too.

Be well, point6

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the tips!

I just sent an e-mail to STAR. Anyway I'm in contact with IPARGUNS in Spain and they can make one for me for 30 dollars plus 8 dollars shipping. We'll see how this works out.
Thanks
JJC

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,982 Posts
Looks like any extractor for a Model A, B, or A or B Super could be fitted. Bear in mind that there is enormous variation in these, and all will require hand-fitting by a skilled person. Such extractors are not difficult to find.

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts