Gunboards Forums banner

I might mention

9K views 166 replies 18 participants last post by  DK PHILLIPS In Memoriam 
#1 ·
silver jumped over a dollar last night,, been creeping up for a while now at $21 an ounce+ gold $1840 oz

dollar moves opposite to PM's or more correctly PM's move opposite the dollar

looks like silver is going on a tear.. we will see , it might not, but the signs are there for a 2011 type run at the moon ( reminder I was advocating buying when silver was in the $12's, back about mid March )... way way earlier than I thought it would , but the inflation from all the givernment rescue trillions had to have this effect .. unfortunately prices on everything will probably go up , but typically gold and silver go go up faster by a little bit , rich on paper /slightly better off on purchasing power .

I want to personally thank all the folks who didn't wear masks for prolonging the crisis making it worst and forcing the giverment to dump Trillions of dollars into the economy , creating inflation and weakening the dollar , causing gold and silver go to the moon and making me rich . Still mad and broken hearted about all the dead , but what is coming when this current spike peaks is going to make all that went before look pale by comparison. wish folks would get smart about this, but a lot of the coming deaths are already baked in.

and then of course, comes the school openings

See less See more
#2 ·
I think Putin is also wearing a big grin, soon to turn into a Cheshire cat smile after the "liberty" crowd infects the rest of us.
I'm not a big fan of govt over reach but if we are going to send goons to gas protesters (remember, the ones that have the right to protest) we might as well use goons to arrest non mask wearers and stuff them into camps where they can freely kill off each other by breathing on them.

#3 ·
You're confusing rioters with protesters. The ones that federal officers have been sent to quell are rioters. They're the ones committing violence and destroying property. The ones who are carrying signs and staying within the boundaries of their permits are protesters. I don't know about camps for non-mask wearers but I think a fine might be in order.

#13 ·
This begins with a question of "Jurisdiction"! "Federal Jurisdiction is by 'exception'. The Federal Government has 'carved out' areas reserving such jurisdiction for itself via "presumptions" concerning the US Constitution and one heck of a lot of laws creating & expanding Federal jurisdiction. Going into any Federal Court, civil or criminal pleadings... First requirement, the showing of "jurisdiction".

Federal courts also have their say in determining federal "law". Congress often whips out "vague" laws which the Fed courts must interpret or determine "overly vague"; unenforceable! Some of 'interpretation', particularly moving into 'crystal ball' areas: determining "Congressional Intent".

The instant, central point of protestors OR rioters on the streets of America, do the 'Feds' have jurisdiction. Jurisdiction by virtue of a geographic place, property or of the person in terms of acts/omissions involved. Federal Officers as law enforcement officers, typically have "implied jurisdiction" to assist "local" (States and their subdivision communities, etc.) law enforcement officers. The expectation of an trained, armed officer not to stand by as mayhem, etc., occurs. That "implied jurisdiction" is always a bit 'thin ice'. But rather than 'stumbling upon' a crime as one matter; HS administrators deciding/setting into motion; 'tach plans', suiting up, out onto streets in unmarked vans, etc. Dragging folks off streets (if true) without probable cause to believe... breach of Federal law.

The whole thing a bad show! Even WITH jurisdiction, the 'media spin' not good publicity where strong presumption emerged of Feds acts "extra-jurisdictional", meaning beyond their jurisdiction. Where not even prior local notice/coordination, in unidentified uniforms (if so)... basis for things really to have gone south quickly! Cops shooting at cops! "No notice to local "allied agencies" or perhaps even 'other' Fed LE agencies; where "no exigency precluding", really bad possibilities!

IF no Federal law has been broken, or is in reasonable/foreseeable peril of being broken, plus no reasonable belief the person snatched is the 'perp'... 'Street snatching', most likely Constitutional rights violation. The HS folks, in defending upcoming suits may have a long, impossible task to defend. The "nexus" between federal assets/personnel to be protected needs to be definite and reasonably provable.

Short of "federalizing under national emergency condition and imminent public danger", there seems no good case for the HS folks to even be in surveillance mode. But there likely just admin-questionable "resource allocation" At least within apparent rights/no "expectation of privacy issue on streets".

Four years overseas, with latter nineties political detente, US State Department inspired opportunity to work with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) & Ukrainian National Police. "Snatching", an SOP tool. LAWFUL & NORMAL... BUT THAT WAS RUSSIA... As was "doctrine of overwhelming force!"

Best & Stay Safe!
John

#4 ·
#29 ·
Elmer.. Military .com has a video you might want to watch
the guy isn't a rioter by any stretch of the imagination https://www.military.com/daily-news...ons-he-didnt-give-inch.html?ESRC=eb_200721.nl

Just a Vet, Annapolis Graduate, wanted to ask them about their oath to the Constitution

Harsh answer
I want to know how an Officer with 11 years active duty gets out of the service with only:

Navy Achievement Medal, Navy Unit Commendation, Meritorious Unit Commendation, National Defense Service Medal, Overseas Service Ribbon, Rifle (Marksman), and Pistol (Expert).
Without some serious UCMJ in the background, especially in the Civil Engineering Corp. The Civil Engineering Corp is about as far as you can get from the Military and still be considered....in the Military.

That is literally not even a single tour junior Enlisted record that is decent. It does not add up.

There is much much more to the story about this guy and I am willing to bet July 19th was not his first display of immaturity.

The fact he was even there speaks volumes considering those officers are clearly defending a Federal Building from rioters in the middle of riot. I certainly would not claim he shrugged anything off as the officers only goal was to get to comply with the law and disperse. He did that and obviously left. Looks like the situation was explained to him by the Officers in detail.

Not complying with Law Enforcement officers order to disperse makes him a criminal for being there in the first place. Standing there continually defying that legal and lawful order is such a stupid idea it is hard to see any angle it could be innocent.

In terms of Marxist trained propaganda though....it is however a great time to get out the camera and try to get some Marxist style Propaganda to generate rage.

https://twitter.com/PDXzane/status/1284733976582615040

#5 ·
Before I retired and while working overseas I'd buy silver dollars, half dollars and quarters each time we would come back to the states on my annual leaves. I could buy these silver coins for a pittance compared to the prices they are going for on today's market. My wife and I would go to the "Coin Shop" with five or six hundred dollars and come out with bags of these coins that were quite heavy to carry back to our pickup. Those days are gone forever. Once the store manager asked us if we needed help carrying the coins out to our vehicle.

#6 ·
ya' still got'em??

#7 ·
You're confusing rioters with protesters. The ones that federal officers have been sent to quell are rioters. They're the ones committing violence and destroying property. The ones who are carrying signs and staying within the boundaries of their permits are protesters.
^^^^^
this.

#8 ·
Elmer --- A fine for WHAT ?? I can remember not many years ago if a person came into a convenience store / gas station wearing a ski mask, an employee behind the counter might push an under the counter switch. That switch would bring a police patrol car to the place within a few minutes. Today are you suggesting that if a person doesn't ware a mask in a place of business the police be summoned and the non-mask wearer be slapped with a fine ? How quickly sheepish people can be led in any direction by those who scream the loudest.

#20 ·
Yup. In many locations such as Miami-Dade County here in South Florida, masks have been required county wide for the last month. In Broward County, in the city of Hollywood were I live, everybody got a phone call via the emergency alert system advising us that we are required to wear a mask anytime we are off our own property. Some people still aren't wearing them and if they don't have a doctors note saying they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing them I think the cops should be handing out tickets to these selfish scofflaws for endangering everyone else for their own comfort. I think a hundred dollar hit to the wallet might be just the attitude adjustment or reminder that these people need. I'd double it for a second offense.

#10 ·
looks like the locals might disagree https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...moms-formed-protect-demonstrators/5470348002/

local and state authorities are suing the feds for provoking violence

they still need probably cause to arrest , they are just taking folks off the street while not identifying themselves taking them to interrogation and releasing them without charges when they ask for a lawyer

unmarked ?cops? in unmarked rented vans that do not arrest after carting them away video's don't show them arresting violent protestors

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ents-unmarked-cars-and-walls-moms/5470780002/

interesting to see how the law suits play out, something about "States Rights"

#11 ·
Good call AmmoSgt , I'm going to wait until silver hits $65 and sell out . I am at over 300% up side on my gold stock , not going to get greedy, selling at 600% , keeping my 2 oz of gold for running money . I think lead and brass are the next big money maker,s , stocked up on them as well , my 2 cents . Those courthouses and public places belong to me , I don't want to pay for new paint , glass , brick , or smoke damage , I think you get the picture . If they were burning my house I would lay them down , and I expect my Gov. to protect our common property however they have to , up to , and including force . If this keeps going it will be a bloody mess .

#15 ·
well, if this is inflation based , the only way they have found to beat inflation is to raise interest rates ..(I have no debt) .. remember what happen back in the 80's with Volker and then again towards the middle of the 2008 when interest rates went up? So plan A is rotate profits in the US Treasuries probably 30 year when they hit 8-10%

Since it looks like the dollar is getting hit by comparison with the rest the worlds response to COVID I think I might find some opportunity in the FX arena , that's pretty speculative right now

the safe bet is bonds ... but that is at least a couple years off and right now PM's are nowhere near my sell price , keeping in mind I bought in at gold $350 and silver $10- 12 also got some good buys when palatium was in the high 7's low 8's .. I posted about that about the beginning of the year

#14 ·
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m beyond sick and tired of the sanctimonious, oh-so-smug progressive drivel by the usual suspects.

#17 ·
Gold silver, money of any kind Is no good..
if nothing produced reaches the area you live..
going to elective, elite, the military, home land security families of the governed
shelters in place for the selective....
(bible revelations says) many say money will be replaced by bartering In the end times.
(not taking the mark) Leads to taken government assistance,
will be the only way to survive for a few!

#18 ·
Three of us had this discussed last night..
a case of canned corn beef...
or a pound of gold silver Means nothing If the a STEEL CANS.. of food not their..
traveling to out sourcing areas, set up to trade barter, steel..gold, silver.
...with no market to buy food, dry goods, regular from sourcing?

will get you killed..unfortunately your only safe in your knowledge areas that existed preyer..
quickly can be reevaluated..for safe content, contact and routs of travel..

i always wounded..in good times gold, silver brokers taken paper ...because if you move it fast enough to buy possibilities, possessions..now..knowing gold is subject to law..
can again become illegals hoarding definitions can be introduced with different party interpretations!

iconic crises depression ..they did the same...and I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!
because they dumped money into the stalemate economy the same way!
then took your gramma silver coins, gold..
sure buy gold, silver not !

#19 ·
The experience in and post WW2 was that you had to have something which could be traded. At the time it was cigs and coffee which were a shoe in and obviously foodstuffs. But gold/silver items, watches and luxury items could be a good trade.
Given the state of the States, ammo would have to be considered.

#21 ·
Not your appointed time

We can’t not change our destiny, nor appointed time...
flu just the means for the Specifically selected... endings...
completion of the appointed not accidental.
so when you catch the flue and live..

you should have worn the mask like Fudd!
Ware the mask patriotically...

rumors around here day before yesterday ..
dads county One over from me...police have been harassing open carry masked individuals?
counter productive..<>< dan

#22 ·
if the cities want the feds out, take them out and remind them they will not recieve one cent of tax money to repair the damage done by the so called peacefull protesters. just repair-place any federal building destroyed. do any of them remember why the protests started in the first place or care?

#24 ·
It is a well established right of a President to use Military force to quell a riot or protest to protect the National interest . It started with President Washington leading troops , not Gen. Washington leading troops . And can be well defined in history with Pres. Hover using troops lead by Gen McArthur to clear Washington of the Bonus Army being a good example . And it should be pointed out that Gen. McArthur did his duty even though some of the Bonus Army Vets served with him in WW1 . Survival may well depend on not putting your head in the sand when it comes to rights , a Gov. will turn to cannibalism to survive .

#25 ·
silver up another $1.12 today to $22.59 gold up $19.70 to $1863

back in 2011 I was a on a silver forum and somebody would bake a cake every even dollar up and post a picture .. heady time back then it went up near $50 when all was said a done

nobody knows when a top or a bottom will be reached , so the recommended procedure as far as selling or buying is called "dollar cost averaging" you sell or buy in approximately same size dollar increments once a commodity goes over you sell price or under your buy price. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/07/dcavsva.asp

With silver, buying thru online retailers you often get a reduction in premiums buying in quantity, in fact when silver is on sale at a retailer like on veterans day or new years the "sale" often is just selling any quantity at the highest quantity discount price

Like wise read the fine print or just ask the agent on the phone if there is a minimum amount you can sell for the best price .. obviously they would rather do a $5000 order than process 100 $50 dollar orders , so they do have a minimum buy amount for the best price.

Call around to get the best offer , and scout their online catalog to see if they are out of anything, they will often offer better buy prices for popular silver items if they are out or have a waiting list.. not to get to far ahead since I haven't seen any obvious retail shortages in any of the kind of silver I deal in YET. And we may not see that, takes a pretty sever panic buying to drain the retailers , but it does happen.

Most common is of course US 90% junk coin , almost always the first to sell out and the one kind of silver that you can't make more of . Almost anything else they can ramp up the mint machines or molds and melt down 1000 oz good delivery bars into any conceivable smaller retail form.

And anybody can do that .. you just buy 1000 oz good delivery bars ( good delivery is a "rating" or certification that the bar can be sold on the COMEX or London metals exchange and was made by a certified mint ) .. you can buy them from retailers at usually the lowest premiums of any silver , it's just an unwieldy amount, but you can also ship them or have them shipped to a private mint and have any smaller or popular type of retail silver ( like 10 oz bars or 1 oz rounds ) at a minting cost that varies by size and design , 1 oz rounds typically with a standard design were about $1.25 a coin/ round .

Last time, in 2011, when retail silver sold out premiums of $5 or more for 1 oz rounds were not uncommon .. so 10009z bar at $.75 premium + $1,25 minting cost a and some shipping sold at a $5.00 premium was almost $3000 profit per bar assuming the price of silver didn't go up .. take a couple weeks to cycle a bar some cases silver went up significantly in a two week wait from the mint and profits of up to $10,000 a bar were not unheard of ,although just selling enough to pay for the bar / buy the next bar and stacking the left over silver for free was an option to increase your stack .. of course the middle ground, sell enough to buy the next bar and take a couple thousand profit while hoarding a 100-150 oz left over for those that wanted silver more than FIAT.. rinse repeat made folks both a profit and increased their holdings , until the price started to drop back to "normal" / dollar recovered/ inflation was stopped / economic faith was restored, and that happens every time. Remember , there is always a return to normal has to be silver is far to important an industrial metal to stay crazy high , mining ramps up to meet demand , then a glut and prices go back down . in 1980 they went back down to the $5 normal price in 2011 back down to $12 way back when silver was in US coins normal was between 75 cents and maybe a buck a buck 10 one ounce of sliver in US 90% junk is $1.30 face , anything over $1.30 and ounce of sliver and the silver is worth more melted down than the spending value of the coin , which is why they took the silver out and went to clad.

I'm going to say silver is too expensive to start buying now, it won't stop panic buying that will drive silver higher, but that's my advice.

Right now that's all just a possible future , nothing is guaranteed, but all the signs and portents lean in that direction

#26 ·
just blipped over $23

#27 ·
I just remember the Hunt brothers trying to corner the market in silver then lost there asses when it went from 40+ dollars down to 11 dollars in a matter of days.

There's big players in that market. JP M
organ has stashed 6 times more than the Hunts and Warren Buffet combined. I ain't playing that game. Jan 2018 https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-everybody-is-asking/articleshow/62724314.cms

I don't trust speculators or Wall street thank you very much. If your jumping in now, your late to the game. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/h...torm-sending-silver-prices-surging-2020-07-22

#28 ·
Elmer ---- I'm glad you are located in your location and I'm located in mine. Montana's demo. Governor Bullock declared a mandate that all Montana residents are to ware a face mask when leaving their property, much like you described for Miami-Dade County. Most of the county Sheriffs state wide in Montana have announced they will NOT enforce the governor's impossible mandate . The city police in most town and cities in Montana are in agreement with the county Sheriffs as well. Those few folks I've talked with believe Gov. Bullock is a total idiot.

#31 ·
Hyper inflation may not be far off , so silver is the smart play . When silver dropped in price below $20 it was a buy , cost factor for many companies was at or near $20 , so $23 is still a buy . If they print another trillion or so dollars it will be reflected in both the price of gold , and silver . AmmoSgt might give forum members a discount of $22.50 + shipping .

#32 ·
23.33 at the close /... yeah sure , however shipping is $200 a ounce and packing is another $150 per order

#33 · (Edited)
I traded my $3.oo an oz (or better free) for dirt & bricks back when it peaked out at $28 or so back in the 90's. I'm good. It was retirement planning & worked just fine.
Private transaction, perfectly legal & both parties walked away happy.
It's a long term thing, not a day to day knee jerk, kind of thing.
The trick is to get stuck in early before it becomes a popular fad, that way you have less competition & better prospects. I've been getting Industrial silver reclaimed since back when no-one cared & at $3 an ounce they didn't want to "waste the money" on saving industrial effluent silver. Both my employer at the time & the state EPA actually thanked me. On a good month we could pull 50 Lbs, yes Lbs out of it!
Thank God I didn't have to go through the actual storage, UV light remediation with special bags (very expensive special bags) & so on.
I used a broker in Salt Lake City for decades.
I had 3 choices.
Sell it to them. Yeah, that kind of negates the point.
Pay them a %age, based on assay, to refine "little brown Christmas trees", & they'd store it for me, or return the refined metallic silver (in the expensive little bags).
Trade it for paper, redeemable in silver, & keep the certificates.
A tip if I may from a friend in the same trade who did the same thing.
Do not take it all back as silver.
When it gets so voluminous (& heavy) you're concerned about structural safety below the dedicated "vault" closet, do NOT trade it for Gold!
Its a very different structure of taxation & accrual, once you go to "Bouillon"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.