Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Diamond Member
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
silver jumped over a dollar last night,, been creeping up for a while now at $21 an ounce+ gold $1840 oz

dollar moves opposite to PM's or more correctly PM's move opposite the dollar

looks like silver is going on a tear.. we will see , it might not, but the signs are there for a 2011 type run at the moon ( reminder I was advocating buying when silver was in the $12's, back about mid March )... way way earlier than I thought it would , but the inflation from all the givernment rescue trillions had to have this effect .. unfortunately prices on everything will probably go up , but typically gold and silver go go up faster by a little bit , rich on paper /slightly better off on purchasing power .

I want to personally thank all the folks who didn't wear masks for prolonging the crisis making it worst and forcing the giverment to dump Trillions of dollars into the economy , creating inflation and weakening the dollar , causing gold and silver go to the moon and making me rich . Still mad and broken hearted about all the dead , but what is coming when this current spike peaks is going to make all that went before look pale by comparison. wish folks would get smart about this, but a lot of the coming deaths are already baked in.

and then of course, comes the school openings

·
Gold Bullet member
6,884 Posts
I think Putin is also wearing a big grin, soon to turn into a Cheshire cat smile after the "liberty" crowd infects the rest of us.
I'm not a big fan of govt over reach but if we are going to send goons to gas protesters (remember, the ones that have the right to protest) we might as well use goons to arrest non mask wearers and stuff them into camps where they can freely kill off each other by breathing on them.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
You're confusing rioters with protesters. The ones that federal officers have been sent to quell are rioters. They're the ones committing violence and destroying property. The ones who are carrying signs and staying within the boundaries of their permits are protesters. I don't know about camps for non-mask wearers but I think a fine might be in order.

·
Diamond Member
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Before I retired and while working overseas I'd buy silver dollars, half dollars and quarters each time we would come back to the states on my annual leaves. I could buy these silver coins for a pittance compared to the prices they are going for on today's market. My wife and I would go to the "Coin Shop" with five or six hundred dollars and come out with bags of these coins that were quite heavy to carry back to our pickup. Those days are gone forever. Once the store manager asked us if we needed help carrying the coins out to our vehicle.

·
Diamond Member
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I retired and while working overseas I'd buy silver dollars, half dollars and quarters each time we would come back to the states on my annual leaves. I could buy these silver coins for a pittance compared to the prices they are going for on today's market. My wife and I would go to the "Coin Shop" with five or six hundred dollars and come out with bags of these coins that were quite heavy to carry back to our pickup. Those days are gone forever. Once the store manager asked us if we needed help carrying the coins out to our vehicle.
ya' still got'em??

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
You're confusing rioters with protesters. The ones that federal officers have been sent to quell are rioters. They're the ones committing violence and destroying property. The ones who are carrying signs and staying within the boundaries of their permits are protesters.
^^^^^
this.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Elmer --- A fine for WHAT ?? I can remember not many years ago if a person came into a convenience store / gas station wearing a ski mask, an employee behind the counter might push an under the counter switch. That switch would bring a police patrol car to the place within a few minutes. Today are you suggesting that if a person doesn't ware a mask in a place of business the police be summoned and the non-mask wearer be slapped with a fine ? How quickly sheepish people can be led in any direction by those who scream the loudest.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
AmmoSgt ---- Yes we still have nearly all of them except a few we gave to the grandkids for their birthdays and on Christmas.

·
Diamond Member
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks like the locals might disagree https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/20/portland-protests-wall-moms-formed-protect-demonstrators/5470348002/

local and state authorities are suing the feds for provoking violence

they still need probably cause to arrest , they are just taking folks off the street while not identifying themselves taking them to interrogation and releasing them without charges when they ask for a lawyer

unmarked ?cops? in unmarked rented vans that do not arrest after carting them away video's don't show them arresting violent protestors

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/20/portland-protests-federal-agents-unmarked-cars-and-walls-moms/5470780002/

interesting to see how the law suits play out, something about "States Rights"

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good call AmmoSgt , I'm going to wait until silver hits $65 and sell out . I am at over 300% up side on my gold stock , not going to get greedy, selling at 600% , keeping my 2 oz of gold for running money . I think lead and brass are the next big money maker,s , stocked up on them as well , my 2 cents . Those courthouses and public places belong to me , I don't want to pay for new paint , glass , brick , or smoke damage , I think you get the picture . If they were burning my house I would lay them down , and I expect my Gov. to protect our common property however they have to , up to , and including force . If this keeps going it will be a bloody mess .

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ammosgt, what are you going to do with all that profit on your silver? Turn it into paper money or stocks? LOL. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
You're confusing rioters with protesters. The ones that federal officers have been sent to quell are rioters. They're the ones committing violence and destroying property. The ones who are carrying signs and staying within the boundaries of their permits are protesters. I don't know about camps for non-mask wearers but I think a fine might be in order.
This begins with a question of "Jurisdiction"! "Federal Jurisdiction is by 'exception'. The Federal Government has 'carved out' areas reserving such jurisdiction for itself via "presumptions" concerning the US Constitution and one heck of a lot of laws creating & expanding Federal jurisdiction. Going into any Federal Court, civil or criminal pleadings... First requirement, the showing of "jurisdiction".

Federal courts also have their say in determining federal "law". Congress often whips out "vague" laws which the Fed courts must interpret or determine "overly vague"; unenforceable! Some of 'interpretation', particularly moving into 'crystal ball' areas: determining "Congressional Intent".

The instant, central point of protestors OR rioters on the streets of America, do the 'Feds' have jurisdiction. Jurisdiction by virtue of a geographic place, property or of the person in terms of acts/omissions involved. Federal Officers as law enforcement officers, typically have "implied jurisdiction" to assist "local" (States and their subdivision communities, etc.) law enforcement officers. The expectation of an trained, armed officer not to stand by as mayhem, etc., occurs. That "implied jurisdiction" is always a bit 'thin ice'. But rather than 'stumbling upon' a crime as one matter; HS administrators deciding/setting into motion; 'tach plans', suiting up, out onto streets in unmarked vans, etc. Dragging folks off streets (if true) without probable cause to believe... breach of Federal law.

The whole thing a bad show! Even WITH jurisdiction, the 'media spin' not good publicity where strong presumption emerged of Feds acts "extra-jurisdictional", meaning beyond their jurisdiction. Where not even prior local notice/coordination, in unidentified uniforms (if so)... basis for things really to have gone south quickly! Cops shooting at cops! "No notice to local "allied agencies" or perhaps even 'other' Fed LE agencies; where "no exigency precluding", really bad possibilities!

IF no Federal law has been broken, or is in reasonable/foreseeable peril of being broken, plus no reasonable belief the person snatched is the 'perp'... 'Street snatching', most likely Constitutional rights violation. The HS folks, in defending upcoming suits may have a long, impossible task to defend. The "nexus" between federal assets/personnel to be protected needs to be definite and reasonably provable.

Short of "federalizing under national emergency condition and imminent public danger", there seems no good case for the HS folks to even be in surveillance mode. But there likely just admin-questionable "resource allocation" At least within apparent rights/no "expectation of privacy issue on streets".

Four years overseas, with latter nineties political detente, US State Department inspired opportunity to work with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) & Ukrainian National Police. "Snatching", an SOP tool. LAWFUL & NORMAL... BUT THAT WAS RUSSIA... As was "doctrine of overwhelming force!"

Best & Stay Safe!
John

·
Gold Bullet member
10,368 Posts
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m beyond sick and tired of the sanctimonious, oh-so-smug progressive drivel by the usual suspects.

·
Diamond Member
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ammosgt, what are you going to do with all that profit on your silver? Turn it into paper money or stocks? LOL. :thumbsup:
well, if this is inflation based , the only way they have found to beat inflation is to raise interest rates ..(I have no debt) .. remember what happen back in the 80's with Volker and then again towards the middle of the 2008 when interest rates went up? So plan A is rotate profits in the US Treasuries probably 30 year when they hit 8-10%

Since it looks like the dollar is getting hit by comparison with the rest the worlds response to COVID I think I might find some opportunity in the FX arena , that's pretty speculative right now

the safe bet is bonds ... but that is at least a couple years off and right now PM's are nowhere near my sell price , keeping in mind I bought in at gold $350 and silver $10- 12 also got some good buys when palatium was in the high 7's low 8's .. I posted about that about the beginning of the year

·
Platinum Bullet Member
47,628 Posts
I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m beyond sick and tired of the sanctimonious, oh-so-smug progressive drivel by the usual suspects.
Sir Richard,

this a a Survival area,, surely you and I will survive the drivel,

I got boots, and a raincoat if it gets to be too much;)

·
Silver Bullet member
48,492 Posts
Gold silver, money of any kind Is no good..
if nothing produced reaches the area you live..
going to elective, elite, the military, home land security families of the governed
shelters in place for the selective....
(bible revelations says) many say money will be replaced by bartering In the end times.
(not taking the mark) Leads to taken government assistance,
will be the only way to survive for a few!

·
Silver Bullet member
48,492 Posts
Three of us had this discussed last night..
a case of canned corn beef...
or a pound of gold silver Means nothing If the a STEEL CANS.. of food not their..
traveling to out sourcing areas, set up to trade barter, steel..gold, silver.
...with no market to buy food, dry goods, regular from sourcing?

will get you killed..unfortunately your only safe in your knowledge areas that existed preyer..
quickly can be reevaluated..for safe content, contact and routs of travel..

i always wounded..in good times gold, silver brokers taken paper ...because if you move it fast enough to buy possibilities, possessions..now..knowing gold is subject to law..
can again become illegals hoarding definitions can be introduced with different party interpretations!

iconic crises depression ..they did the same...and I THINK IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!
because they dumped money into the stalemate economy the same way!
then took your gramma silver coins, gold..
sure buy gold, silver not !

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The experience in and post WW2 was that you had to have something which could be traded. At the time it was cigs and coffee which were a shoe in and obviously foodstuffs. But gold/silver items, watches and luxury items could be a good trade.
Given the state of the States, ammo would have to be considered.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Elmer --- A fine for WHAT ?? I can remember not many years ago if a person came into a convenience store / gas station wearing a ski mask, an employee behind the counter might push an under the counter switch. That switch would bring a police patrol car to the place within a few minutes. Today are you suggesting that if a person doesn't ware a mask in a place of business the police be summoned and the non-mask wearer be slapped with a fine ? How quickly sheepish people can be led in any direction by those who scream the loudest.
Yup. In many locations such as Miami-Dade County here in South Florida, masks have been required county wide for the last month. In Broward County, in the city of Hollywood were I live, everybody got a phone call via the emergency alert system advising us that we are required to wear a mask anytime we are off our own property. Some people still aren't wearing them and if they don't have a doctors note saying they have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing them I think the cops should be handing out tickets to these selfish scofflaws for endangering everyone else for their own comfort. I think a hundred dollar hit to the wallet might be just the attitude adjustment or reminder that these people need. I'd double it for a second offense.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts