Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what & where the Khyber Pass is - but what's a "Kyhber Pass AK"..?

Saw that on NDS' website - what are they, precisely?

· Diamond Bullet Member
8,879 Posts
Basically its a marketing scam for alot of sellers.
What it means is the rifle is a mix of tons of different AK parts since at Kyhber pass they build firearms with whatever they can find and often cannibalize other weapons to make a new one most everything they put together is from different types of weapons so they call mixmasters/monsters kyhber pass firearms.

Thats my take on it anyhow.

· Registered
62 Posts
"What it means is the rifle is a mix of tons of different AK parts since at Kyhber pass they build firearms with whatever they can find and often cannibalize other weapons to make a new one most everything they put together is from different types of weapons so they call mixmasters/monsters kyhber pass firearms."

AH so now we know where Century arm's overseas factory really is.
That explains all the FALs they built

· Platinum Bullet Member
9,160 Posts
Hello, the khyber pass repro's usually consist of the stamped style AKM that utilizes the AK-74 style triangle side folding stock. ;) NS

· Diamond Bullet Member
8,879 Posts
"What it means is the rifle is a mix of tons of different AK parts since at Kyhber pass they build firearms with whatever they can find and often cannibalize other weapons to make a new one most everything they put together is from different types of weapons so they call mixmasters/monsters kyhber pass firearms."

AH so now we know where Century arm's overseas factory really is.
That explains all the FALs they built
I think the Kyhber pass people actually have better quality control than century...

To be fair they have gotten better about getting AK rifles built. Now only 1 in 3 isa lemon.

· Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
From the photos I have seen on the net most seem like pretty ingenious adaptations. A part from here or there, and if they couldn't find a part they would cobble together what they needed to complete the rifle.

Check out this link to a post in "The AK forum".

Many good photos of these type rifles. I love the home made folding stock mechanisms!

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65579&highlight=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.