Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
i would say its a fair/good deal. m44s are going for 300$ bucks m38s 400$??? maybe m91/59s are made from full length rifles and aren't super common but not rare. i paid 300$ for a 1954 m44 mosin last year it has a nice shiney bore. Eventually those mosin carbines are gonna be worth alot more then the full length rifles.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'd say after shipping and FFL fee that might be a little high as of now. But 91/59s aren't seen as often as other carbine variants so as long as you're happy with the rifle that's all that should matter.

Enjoy it!

·
Gold Bullet Member
506 Posts
I think you paid about the going rate, not a screaming deal, but you didn't pay much of a premium either. I poked around the completed gunbroker auctions for 91/59s and was surprised how much both common and uncommon types were going for. I think I have only ever seen one 91/59 locally, they are not super common.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that was about market these days, but after there were no more bidders and it was such a pretty gun, I thought I was missing something.

I've been wanting one for a while and am happy to be paying what I am for her! I can't wait to shoot her!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My '39 91/59 does great with good ole surplus. I finally bought some PPU to try in my '44 Tula sniper. I have always used whatever I could get in a tuna can for shooting. I would like to see what the PPU does in the sniper though. Make sure you post some pics ya hear?!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I was in a gun shop in SE Michigan 2 weeks ago and picked up a comparable 91/59 for $250. Felt I got such a good deal on the 59 I bought a unused Tula 1951 SKS refurb for $600 at the same time. Feel that I broke even save on one over pay on the other.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are a few more:

Metalworking hand tool Tool Metal
Cutlery Metal Spoon Tool Tableware
Musical instrument
Electronic instrument
Wood Number Plywood Wood stain Metal
Metal Muffler Pipe Steel Circle
Metal Iron Material property Pipe Steel
Pipe Metal Steel Auto part Bicycle frame
Wood
Muffler Cylinder
Wood Photography Metal Furniture Still life photography
Ammunition Cylinder Metal

After physically having this rifle in my hands, and after giving it a nice, long cleaning I would pay what I paid for it again any day of the week. The action is incredibly smooth, yet feels incredibly strong. The bore looked excellent when I first got it, but after letting it soak with some CLP followed by a nice scrub, it looks even better.

Im glad I went ahead and bought this one because the prices go up just about every week. Cant wait to shoot her!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,618 Posts
Congrats on your rifle. I know less than squat about the 91/59 but what I like is your enthusiasm for what you bought. I just picked up two 28/30s and a M28 but haven't paid for them or got them in my hands to see what I got. I hope I am half as enthused as you are with yours. Regards, John.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.