Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting a local pawn/gun store when I spotted a couple of WASRs. I think he wanted over $500 each for them. Then he blurted the usual hook.

"They are not importing any more of those".

Perhaps I should get a T-shirt that reads "I was not born yesterday...nor the day before". Maybe it would cut down on how much of this crap I hear. I am getting really tired of some of this BS over AK and AR style weapons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They may be referencing the inevitable AWB.

See here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/
Search for the term: "Assault"

Obviously gun sellers are taking advantage of the frenzy. Of course, it also might be a phenomenon of supply-demand rather than outright deceit - as - if you note - they're becoming a bit more difficult to get one's hand on for $399 any more. Tis interesting times, nonetheless.

Do you think there will be no ban? I'm thinking there will be yet another WASR-like version to avoid whatever criteria the new ban would limit. Perhaps a pump or lever-action AK? 5 round limit perhaps?

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
They may be referencing the inevitable AWB.

See here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/
Search for the term: "Assault"

Obviously gun sellers are taking advantage of the frenzy. Of course, it also might be a phenomenon of supply-demand rather than outright deceit - as - if you note - they're becoming a bit more difficult to get one's hand on for $399 any more. Tis interesting times, nonetheless.

Do you think there will be no ban? I'm thinking there will be yet another WASR-like version to avoid whatever criteria the new ban would limit. Perhaps a pump or lever-action AK? 5 round limit perhaps?
'
None of that-you'll see blood grooved machetes with a rendering of an AK stamped on it.Deluxe versions likely to be nickel plated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anybody converted a PAR-1 to semi-auto ? How much work, $$$$, etc. ? Just curious.
I know it's been done. There was something about it over on Saiga12.com, in their "other AKs" forum.

That was the first time I'd ever even HEARD of the PAR-1. Never knew such a thing existed before that. Apparently, it's enough of a chore time and money-wise that it doesn't really save you anything to do it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
it appears that most of you guys are " smarter than the average bear", so if that is true then why would any of you pay the outragious prices they ( dealers) are asking for their products. just say "NO" and leave. no one is required to pay these outragious prices. that will show them. there is no need for anyone to get all upset over it.

now for the ones of us that are "not smarter than the average bear" we will end up paying the outragious prices they ( dealers) are asking, but we will have the product. DUH!

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
55,436 Posts
I know it's been done. There was something about it over on Saiga12.com, in their "other AKs" forum.

That was the first time I'd ever even HEARD of the PAR-1. Never knew such a thing existed before that. Apparently, it's enough of a chore time and money-wise that it doesn't really save you anything to do it.
Some on this site probably did the first conversions around, if you saw a post on a conversion somewhere else they probably copied the idea from here ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some on this site probably did the first conversions around, if you saw a post on a conversion somewhere else they probably copied the idea from here ;)
Oh, I don't doubt that at all. It was just the place where I first heard of the PAR-1, and there was a discussion about "retro-converting" them, so it stuck in my head.

And for Capt. Ron: That's kind of my take on it, too - if it's out of my budget, I walk. Unfortunately, I've lived long enough to regret that a few times - what seemed outrageous a few years ago now seems like a bargain!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Bill In Indiana:

You said it very well: panic, paranoia and fear = $$$$.

It would surprise me a bit if the new President etc choose to spend some valuable political capital in their first two years on orders/bills which cost some Dem. seats in the '90s and helped cost Gore the election.

If Obama wants to sneak in an executive order for an ammo tax any day, then what is he waiting for?
I'm new to all of this but trying to figure out why a very smart politician would want to make such moves this soon, which can easily cost him needed votes in important areas later.

And for now, a temporary New York lady Senator from a rural area who has Hillary's seat is reportedly gun friendly.

·
Registered
383 Posts
All my local gun stores to include mom n pop and big boxs are all really low on guns. No AK's, AR's and even the pistols are thining out. The wholsalers are out. Call the web sites...they are sold out. Keep on saying it is the gun stores. All hype.
I saw it coming so I bought and bought these last 3 years. WASR-10's were under $250 cause no one wanted the 10 round cap. An easy conversion however. I got 3 of thoes. Lots of after market stuff out there too.

It is the Democrats in control of the US Government.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts