Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say i hate wasr rifles, I know some people love and trust them but i am done with them, i have had 2 of them, one in 5.45 and one in 7.62x39, the first blew up in my face when i round somehow came out of the magazine and upon firing the previous round drug it to the back of the receiver cover, the next shot pinned it in the back of the receiver and detonated the round, so no wasrs please. Also i have owned a vector amd-65 that i wish i still had so i may look into the waffen works amd-65's. but what else is a good rifle in this price range new or used, I dont have all that much experience with this platform and havent looked around in a while, it confuses me that there are what seams like a million different producers and kit rifles, my budget is 500-600$$$$ , thanks Guys

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the difference between the n and o pap rifles, I'm in nevada so I can own all the cool stuff I want, we'll for now but with these libtards from California so close the fight is getting harder but is well worth the fight

·
Registered
132 Posts
The O-pap has the bulged trunion some say it makes it a bit more accurate and heavier but most see no difference. The O-pap also has a bayonet lug where the N-pap does not. Neither have Chrome lined barrels but to me that makes no difference.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,662 Posts
2nd the PAPs.

For the record, my OPAP purchased just two weeks ago, does to have a bayonet lug.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,836 Posts
At $500 your choices are limited, the WASR, CFS's polish rifle and a PAP, if you're so motivated a VZ2008 package from AIM could be included although of course not an AK. Once an AK gets above $600 IMO you got to start considering other options such as building an AR (can be done for as little as $550). Any more at the current market prices AK's have more competition.

Just thinking out of the box...
Pap pistol with a brace, should be doable for around $530...

·
Registered
72 Posts
At $500 your choices are limited, the WASR, CFS's polish rifle and a PAP, if you're so motivated a VZ2008 package from AIM could be included although of course not an AK. Once an AK gets above $600 IMO you got to start considering other options such as building an AR (can be done for as little as $550). Any more at the current market prices AK's have more competition.

Just thinking out of the box...
Pap pistol with a brace, should be doable for around $530.
I highly recommend the VZ-2008. It's not quite an AK, but it is a very remarkable firearm. The internals are SKS-ish, but the exterior is somewhat AK-ish. Expect a lot of "What the heck is that?!" questions at the range with one, especially if you load it with stripper clips after the bolt locks back.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
great suggestions, vz-2008 with the packaged deal is very sweet.

Yugos are also a great alternative

WASRs are tried and true. Can't go wrong with either 3 really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.