Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spinning my wheels at work, I quit early and visited a local pawnshop. There was nothing of great interest misurp wise and the prices I saw on everything were high. I was let out of the firearms area to find a young lady letting the counter clerk go over some guns from her family that were either being pawned or sold outright.

OMG! There was a mint M1 carbine of some sort, probably commercial with a metal handgaurd, no mag but spotless. Next to that was a fair to good 1952 or 53 (CRS again) Indian No1 MkIII. She also had some rather intriguing air rifles along with a sadly chopped Mauser of some sort in a commercial stock.

As I wish to be welcome in this store again, I had to leave before I said something or made an offer there and then while the clerk was still sorting the stuff out. If only she had put and ad in the local paper.

· Platinum Bullet Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's to hate? Most gunshops, since I don't have pawnshops locally, will just tack on twenty to fifty bucks depending on niceness and launch it right back out the door for a quick and certain profit.
If it was $20-50 markup I would not mind. But this is Las Vegas and I can guarantee the markup will be $100 plus.

· Platinum Bullet Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pawn shops are almost invariably the best deals. We have some shops in NC that are sort of hybrid gun/pawn shops. It's hit and miss.
This place is similar. His milsurp prices were too rich for my blood on this visit. For example, I am not about to pay $250 for a standard M48 even though it is in good condition. After taxes and Brady, I'm out $300. Then there was the power washed Romanian M44 for $150. I appreciate that the man is in business, but come on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.