Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,025 Posts
Thats just plain stupid, a common mis matched butchered rifle for outrageous money...It cant ever be anymore than what it is,and I wouldnt have given $40 for whats there..sum total of its parts is under $100 if a guy wanted to break it down that way..its missing the nose piece which is numbered to the rifle and the bolts wrong so its never possible to be anything but a bastardised shooter,too many people with too much money still left ,in spite of the economy.The ad is pure BS and I suspect the buyers parents must have been related ,for him to be that short on common sense.

· Silver Bullet member
15,767 Posts
Auction idiocy strikes again!:eek:

I would have sold him three of those, in better shape for the same $$, well maybe without the $300 mum.

· Gold Bullet member
11,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meanwhile, complete T99's with scrubbed mums and matching bolts sell for $150. Kind of bass-ackward, IMHO.

Just wait. Someday the scrubbed matching T99s will be sought after more.

· Gold Bullet member
3,258 Posts
Think the bidders bought what the seller wrote, that it was a "Sniper Rifle" reconfigured by the Japanese, brought back from Tinian.
You mean it's not a sniper rifle? I'VE BEEN CHEATED!? :(

I agree with you, his colorful sales copy fooled at least two people into bidding that rifle up. Some people will believe anything, as evidenced by Mr. Chrome T30.

· Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
Just wait until I post my Type 4 paratrooper take-down sniper carbine (made from a butchered Type 2) with the story it was designed for the "little people" paratroopers. You could get more on a plane than normal size guy and once they hit the ground and got in the trees the skinny one's could hide as limbs and the fat ones as hornet's nests. The only problem was they were so small/light that on the first jump they all went up instead of down and were never seen again. I have the only one left, the prototype.

I'd bet you the Mutts new JB whatever that I'd get bids several hundred dollars higher than the total of the value of the carbine/scope parts just because of the story. It's like Patrick Henry said, "A fool's born every minute." Not Patrick Henry, were you there?

· Platinum Bullet member
19,393 Posts
Here's the Raunchy Rodent with his rare prototype. Phoenix 06
And, another shot of him "in action" :rolleyes:

· Silver Bullet member
15,767 Posts
No, that's action for the Ronin.

· Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
You "gentlemen" have your heads screwed on backwsards. One on the left is the Type 4, the other is the Midget sub, sniper carbine. Crewman dressed in sea gull suit and sniped from the parascope. Both are in MRoJ, "somewhere."

· Platinum Bullet member
19,393 Posts
Methinks they are both the same.
You should lay off that cheap hooch & find out where you can get Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Like I'm enjoying right now :p
For you, it will have to become an acquired taste after what you've been used to :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Just wait until I post my Type 4 paratrooper take-down sniper carbine (made from a butchered Type 2) with the story it was designed for the "little people" paratroopers. You could get more on a plane than normal size guy and once they hit the ground and got in the trees the skinny one's could hide as limbs and the fat ones as hornet's nests. The only problem was they were so small/light that on the first jump they all went up instead of down and were never seen again. I have the only one left, the prototype.

I'd bet you the Mutts new JB whatever that I'd get bids several hundred dollars higher than the total of the value of the carbine/scope parts just because of the story. It's like Patrick Henry said, "A fool's born every minute." Not Patrick Henry, were you there?
You still need to make that dust cover scope mount...

Weaver rings on a repro dustcover so all those sporterized rifles with the sniper scope "grooves" in the reciver can have a scope again!

Then you can chrome plate one and sell it to bhp9 to put on his chrome parade rifle.

· Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
Sire, You are a genius. The next time I visit ole Cornbread over in Missississippi I'l drag along a cover and rings and we'll make that "all purpose" sniper. Show Dr Honeycutt a thing or two he never knew!

· Registered
512 Posts
On another Japanese weapons board a year or two ago, there was a thread about a T-99 carbine with monopod that went along the same lines and same results as the "chrome T-99 parade rifle" did here in the past week.

Don't remember which board, but it was the one with the yellow background.

jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.