Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still 8 days to run on this auction in Australia, maybe it wont go much higher but it’s already a handsome amount. Considering there is not the interest in English rifles here, it must be going on something special to someone.
Product Font Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
Lithgow Lee Enfield No1 MkIII/III*
137 Posts
It's "RARE"....you may have missed this detail ;).

I want to know what happened to the rest of it - probably for sale in a separate auction!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
It went up to $600 and since then you have only two bidders. I think it is the usual auction found two idiots situation. If either of these guys was operating with more than 3/4 brain power they would hold off bidding until the closing minutes. Or seconds. Seriously, what kind of jerk places his bids 8 days early!! Why would anyone bid 8 days ahead?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
58,830 Posts
It went up to $600 and since then you have only two bidders. I think it is the usual auction found two idiots situation. If either of these guys was operating with more than 3/4 brain power they would hold off bidding until the closing minutes. Or seconds. Seriously, what kind of jerk places his bids 8 days early!! Why would anyone bid 8 days ahead?

esnipe is a great tool to buy stuff off of ebay

·
Registered
Lithgow Lee Enfield No1 MkIII/III*
137 Posts
hmm, learning something new every day...esnipe. I wasn't aware. I have to admit, I hate it when I am sniped. It happened to me recently. I ended up winning because I had set my max bid, but the snipe cost me serious additional $$. I was so mad :(

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Well it makes my two buys off GB last couple of year’s look good now 😬! Both of them came with half a action still attached (y’all’s can guess what happened to the rest of it 🤢) to the butt,both Slaz MKIII furniture.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I despise the whole ebay sniping junk. It’s supposed to be an auction and as long as the item is bid on the auction should continue. Sellers would make more $$ with a time limited continuation until there was a highest bidder. GBs 15 minute rule makes for a true auction not the silliness that fleabay does.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have never understood why people place bids when the auction is days from ending. Seriously, it will not do you any good and it just drives the price higher. Oh well, its their money. Rather a dunce move if you ask me. Wait until the final minutes.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I despise the whole ebay sniping junk. It’s supposed to be an auction and as long as the item is bid on the auction should continue. Sellers would make more $$ with a time limited continuation until there was a highest bidder. GBs 15 minute rule makes for a true auction not the silliness that fleabay does.
I am not a seller, I am a buyer and I like the idea that everyone makes there best offer at the same time. This is a true auction. This is exactly how a sealed bid auction works. And no body in thier right mind will go telling the world what they submitted in a sealed bid.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
But the whole point is to pay as little as possible for the marvelous item which will be determined by your desire to own it or by the other bidders desire to own it. If fleabay ran the auction for x number of days and there were never any bids shown to the bidders then it would be a true sealed bid auction and I wouldn’t have a gripe as the highest $ wins but it’s not run that way. It’s run like a regular auction but with a down to the second time limit ending. That ‘to the second’ limit and the programs that you can install into your computer to make sniping easy as a click makes it bs.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
But the whole point is to pay as little as possible for the marvelous item which will be determined by your desire to own it or by the other bidders desire to own it. If fleabay ran the auction for x number of days and there were never any bids shown to the bidders then it would be a true sealed bid auction and I wouldn’t have a gripe as the highest $ wins but it’s not run that way. It’s run like a regular auction but with a down to the second time limit ending. That ‘to the second’ limit and the programs that you can install into your computer to make sniping easy as a click makes it bs.
The auctions end up with participants who understand and those who do not. The know nots, make it seem like a live auction. In reality it is a sealed bid auction with people playing games for a week or more leading up.

I program my snipe, which is in effect is my sealed bid. I never look back. If I win, I get an email. Some govt auctions are like this and others extend the time limit. Either way, I bid as late as I can and as big as I am willing. I try and keep emotion out of it and not end up making multiple bids. Bid once, bid late and bid my max and done.

I would say that Gun Broker is better for sellers and eBay is better for buying. Certainly eBay is safer and more convenient than dealing with all the curmudgeons on Gun Broker with the no-returns and postal money order payment. I had a money order go lost in the mail!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts