Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this today. It's recoverable but I'm not sure of the value since the barrel has been cut back it would have to be rebarreled (not immediatly) and a stock, forearm parts, and a scope/rings.
The receiver, bolt, mount all appear authentic based on the appearance and the serial # range. It is $750. I figure another $200 to replace the stock and stock metal, but not sure how much scope
rings (aside from a repro) would cost, and I"m guessing an authentic replacement barrel could be had installed for $250-300?
Opinions? How close does that put me to an original 1903A4 without the work I would have to do?

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well first of all the bolt alone is worth $500.00 plus dollars and the receiver as well. I would have handed over the money and left. Look for a barrel on ebay N.E.W. and have it installed. There are original rings and scopes around. The rifle complete is $4500.00 plus. As long as you find original components it should be perfect when you get done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.