Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the last home for this forum, and on the new one here I have been using Comic Sans MS for my font. I have for a few weeks now been using the default which was chosen by the owners of Gunboards to be the best type to read, I suppose. Quite a while back North Bender made a comment to me about that style of font, and more recently my Hoosier Maknik friend Triple L has asked me why I use it. He said it was hard to read.
View attachment 15476 Well, in his case he is blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other! :D For all the rest of you posters, I hope it will be easier on your eyes to read my posts.
I originally picked that font because it had the word "Comic" in it, because most of the time I am trying to get a laugh when I post. Not a good reason to make it hard on the eyes of my friends. Thanks for pointing it out to me, I may even change the default font on my email as well to an easier font to view. As the blind would say; "We will see." :p ARRR, ARRR, ARRR! :D

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
There was one fellow on the previous editions of funboards who always wrote in blue text, center justified, and I think some fancy font, I don't recall. When asked why, he claimed it was his "signature style" or some such. Whatever, it just meant I didn't read anything he wrote.

Timbo's etchings were at least in black, not blue, so they didn't annoy me. Well, they didn't annoy me all that much. :rolleyes::)

Oh yeah, he (other guy, not Timbo) always ended his posts thusly:

FYI,

which to me seemed like he presumed to be offering useful information. I never knew if it was, as I could never read it. :mad:

FYI,
SlimTim​

PS: I'm pretty sure the guy changed with the switch to vBulletin. I know I'd have him on ignore if he hadn't, and I've only got 2 folks there*, neither of which are him.

*so far :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.