Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
52,872 Posts
With Evil in the heart of many people you know just walking around, all posed as normal human beings ......looking for easy prey ...

..I'm not easy...I'm rightfully armed!

I carry because I know all this and have worked with dangerous kids that are now dangerous men!

I pray this : Lord prepare me for battle ( which I am) or prepare the way!

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,162 Posts
because it gives me a false sense of security
how true - too bad the "cowboys and gun fighters" don't understand what you've posted
I confess, I don't know which scares me more not carrying my gun or carrying it and the responsibility that comes with it... I think the first, that's why I do carry anyway...

grey

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,162 Posts
I confess, I don't know which scares me more not carrying my gun or carrying it and the responsibility that comes with it... I think the first, that's why I do carry anyway...

grey
I had my eldest daughter and both my grandsons with me when we went on a group outing to a ghost town near the Mexico border. I wanted to take my bigger gun but I can't carry it concealed and no visible guns are allowed in club activities, but I was not going to be that close to that part of the country without a gun on me. If I had my druthers all four of us would have been carrying because I WILL protect my family.

grey

·
Registered
304 Posts
My carrying a firearm has stopped me from being robbed/beaten and protected my family 3 times in the last 5 years, I wouldn't exactly call that a "false sense of security".
Three times in five years? No matter where you live, you and your family are a huge statistical aberration. One might almost say this is "Unbelievable."

I know you may consider calling the police after the fact a waste of time but did you report these crimes anyway?

Were these people who wanted to do you and your family harm the same people in all three cases or were you and your family unlucky enough to be random victims of (attempted) violent crime three times in five years?

How did your gun(s) save you?

Did you shoot anybody?

Did you just display your weapon and warn the bad guys off?

What happened during these three incidents?

Were the other people armed? If so, did they have guns too? Knives? Blunt instruments?

I'd love to know about these three incidents.

Cancel your cable, sell your computer and all your guns except one and move. You owe it to your family.:) (joke, kinda)

I live in a gated community and my domicile is shall we say "secure", entry to my property by means unauthorized wouldn't bode well to anyone.
Or maybe you moved into this gated community to protect you and your family from all these desperate criminals you seem to encounter so often.

Where did these three incidents happen?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I won't say if i carry or not. But if I were to carry, you wouldn't see or hear any public pronouncements about it.

And some of the people posting here just seem to be of the sentiment, "You bet I carry and I can't wait to use it."

Scary.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Twice in Raleigh NC and once in Albany NY and yes I notified police every time. No shooting was involved. The first incident in Raleigh I was alone and 2 men thought it would be a good idea to steal my van in the middle of the night, I walked out just as they broke the driver door window I hollered at them to leave and the dimwit came after me with a claw hammer until I introduced him to my Taurus pt92 then they both ran off. They were both caught. The second my kids and I were at Falls lake state park and a "gentleman" suggested I hand over my wallet just the sight of my firearm and he ran off, I do not know if he was ever caught but I filed a report anyway. The Albany incident was an idiot carjacker who turned out to be 15 pulled an inoperative .38 out as I was stopped at a light on Lark st. My wife and kids were in the car. He was arrested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I won't say if i carry or not. But if I were to carry, you wouldn't see or hear any public pronouncements about it.

And some of the people posting here just seem to be of the sentiment, "You bet I carry and I can't wait to use it."

Scary.
Just for the record I have never fired my weapon at another human being as a civilian and I hope I never have to, But that doesn't mean I will be a victim either.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Um, kinda pissed off by the blaze, they are posting from one website, and yet clearly ripping off Oleg Volk, to the point you can see where the website put their mark OVER another
Oleg started The High Road, which used to be the big gunboard, and is still a granddaddy board from back then

http://www.olegvolk.net/
if you like the posters, help support one of the foremost Pro 2nd visual artists.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Twice in Raleigh NC and once in Albany NY and yes I notified police every time. No shooting was involved. The first incident in Raleigh I was alone and 2 men thought it would be a good idea to steal my van in the middle of the night, I walked out just as they broke the driver door window I hollered at them to leave and the dimwit came after me with a claw hammer until I introduced him to my Taurus pt92 then they both ran off. They were both caught. The second my kids and I were at Falls lake state park and a "gentleman" suggested I hand over my wallet just the sight of my firearm and he ran off, I do not know if he was ever caught but I filed a report anyway. The Albany incident was an idiot carjacker who turned out to be 15 pulled an inoperative .38 out as I was stopped at a light on Lark st. My wife and kids were in the car. He was arrested.
Wow! You are one unlucky dude, a real "trouble magnet." You defy all statistics.

I'm curious as to why you didn't shoot the kid with the inoperable .38.

Fifteen or fifty, he pulled a gun on you and wanted your car with your family in it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow! You are one unlucky dude, a real "trouble magnet." You defy all statistics.

I'm curious as to why you didn't shoot the kid with the inoperable .38.

Fifteen or fifty, he pulled a gun on you and wanted your car with your family in it.
I didn't shoot because it wasn't necessary. I seem to remember stating in my post I'm disabled, while I'm not confined to a wheelchair I cannot walk very far and it is painfully obvious to anyone looking at me. It makes me an easy mark, In 2012, the age-adjusted rate of violent victimization for persons with disabilities (60 per 1,000 persons with disabilities) was nearly three times the rate among persons without disabilities (22 per 1,000 persons without disabilities). So as you see I am not a "trouble magnet" it is more to the point that criminals like all lower forms of life prey on those who they think will put up the least resistance.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Did anyone else look at niadhf's link to see why he posted this? I don't think his intent was to create an opportunity for members to grill other members. On my phone Photo #12 in his link appears to be a Makarov. Thats pretty cool considering that there are more popular pistols.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.