Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,217 Posts
Czech made Vz59 7,62x54R
Excellent grey steel cased ammo; Berdan Primed. Corrosive.
Doc AV

·
Registered
12,258 Posts
The Czech 7,62X54R is some of the best regarded, most consistent, surplus in that caliber.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Great stuff for a svt. Not so much for a bolt gun due to a steel case. I buy it when I can find it for a good price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Real nice ammo, I had 65-67 years, didn't have issues with extraction, seemed to have a slight film on cartridge case, not like dust from box, dont know how to describe it. Light wax? Also had 80's version, copper plated case, also great, but recall maybe a few less rounds in the case. Liked it better than the 10 round boxes, which I think was heavy ball? Lost my bullet puller back then. No issues with any Czech 20 round box x54r stuff. Leave'm sealed till use. I had a strap break on opening and went shoes over brains enough to make the dog laugh.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am far too lazy to shoot corrosive in an automatic, just too much effort to clean them to my liking. In this day and age when the surplus stuff is darn near as expensive as modern nope. But now that I roll my own I don't even bother with that.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have another load of surplus ammo comming soon from the same seller. CHEROKEE i agree, i don,t shoot any corrosive ammo in my semi-auto firearms. but i do shoot it in my manual operated firearms. very easy to clean, i have a 8mm 98 mauser that has had 100,s of rounds of corrosive ammo shot out of it by me and its former owner with no signs of damage to the barrel with being cleaned soon after fireing.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I have one 800 round case of 7.62x57mm that I haven't opened yet. It is good to hear it is accurate ammo. I have only the MN 91-30 bolt guns (3 of these) I'd shoot it in and they are easy to clean up after corrosive ammo is used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would sell it by the case. Push the aspect of a sealed case and how it's perfect for long term storage. The people that want to shoot covid will eat it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts