Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No one died, but I wished to share my recent experience here, as it has weighed heavily on my mind in recent days. I was in a pretty serious car accident Tuesday night. I was broadsided by a 2002 Chevy Tahoe, spun me around and the back end of my car wrapped around a pole. I miraculously walked away without a scratch. A little sore since then but ok otherwise. I have added photos of my '04 Chrysler Concorde the next day at the wrecking yard. It was only in daylight I realized how lucky I was. The pics really don't do it justice, it was tough to look at in person.

I am sharing this because I'd like to let everyone know in the power of faith. Hanging from my rearview mirror for the past 4 years is a St. Christopher medal, which had been blessed by both Popes John Paul II and Benedict. My cousin is a Catholic priest who finished the last 3 years of his seminary while living in the Vatican. He brought several of these medals back and gave them out to family memebers. I have no other explanation for my well being other than some sort of Divine Intervention. For those who don't believe in the power of prayer and faith, or even the ability of a blessed trinket to protect, I ask, just take a look at the car and ask yourself again.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread
Sincerely
"thebohunk"

·
Platinum Bullet Member
41,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm unmarried and have no kids, but getting hit in the passenger side is probably the only thing that saved me. I'm still in a a state of disbelief at being unhurt. I guess that is what has me soul-searching. Thank you for your well-wishes, it is greatly appreciated.

PS, Gramps was in the 30th, thats where I got my avatar.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story which had a good outcome.

As a Southern Baptist I GLADLY accepted a Mister( Saint :)) Christopher Medal made to go along on my dogtags before leaving for VN in 1967. He's still with me and continues doin' his work over 40 years later. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.