Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Confessional time:

No cool guns to be had. Nothing in the pawn shops.
Nothing in the Sporting Goods stores.
Nothing at Big 5 even!

Walked into my Big 5 today seriously needing a sweet little taste of milsurpsmack.

Nothing. Started going through withdrawl right there at the counter. Sweats, tremors, I was heading for the stack of candy/energy bars when I saw them out of the corner of my eye.

NO...............MUST............NOT.............DEBASE.............MYSELF!

But they kept calling to me...so softly...

I swore I would never touch one before...

But there I was, that niggling little voice in my head that usually is only heard prior to me shouting out "Hey ya'll, watch this!" and then followed by a trip to the Emergency Room.

"Come on!" it said. "No one will ever know. You can practice with it in the garage this winter."

The the clincher, as that little voice said "And look, it's on sale too!"

Wimpering, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one saw me with my purchase, I slunk out to the truck, clutching my plain brown paper wrapped packages.

That's right. It's too late for me. Save yourselves. Yes. I bought ......

two Airsoft rifles. An M14 and a AK 47. No rehab can help me now.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Jeez, dude, you do have it bad. The local Big 5's have had 1891/59's on sale for $139. Have you found none that would slake your thirst?

Hmm. Maybe I better go score another one myself.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeez, dude, you do have it bad. The local Big 5's have had 1891/59's on sale for $139. Have you found none that would slake your thirst?

Hmm. Maybe I better go score another one myself.

The three Big 5s in my area (60 mile radius) have NO Mosins, Mausers, and just two very rusty beat up mismatched No4 Enfields.

Although with the AK, it is an electric gun, and the "full auto" feature is amusing around children and small furry animals. ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Confessional time:

No cool guns to be had. Nothing in the pawn shops.
Nothing in the Sporting Goods stores.
Nothing at Big 5 even!

Walked into my Big 5 today seriously needing a sweet little taste of milsurpsmack.

Nothing. Started going through withdrawl right there at the counter. Sweats, tremors, I was heading for the stack of candy/energy bars when I saw them out of the corner of my eye.

NO...............MUST............NOT.............DEBASE.............MYSELF!

But they kept calling to me...so softly...

I swore I would never touch one before...

I know the feeling. I've found myself even looking at shot out South American Mausers and thinking, "It might clean up some..."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts