Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was my day off, so I took the 1928 dated 1903 that my grandfather gave me out to the range. On the third shot the magazine floor release broke and the floor plate dropped on the bench. There were no split cases, no gas blowby, and no signs of high pressure. It just broke. I am used to shooting Mauser's and Mosin's and have never had a problem with them. Is this common? The gun looked nearly unissued. I jut thought I shoud shoot it just once. Why does the good stuff alway break. Boo Hoo!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
To answer your question,Because life is set up to cause the maximum amount of grief at all times ! Now get over it ,and contact,Sarco,Gun Parts Corp etc,and get the parts to fix it!would Sargent York let a little thing like this ruin his shooting fun ? I think not.Think of all the guys out there that dont even have a broken 03.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Its an easy fix, I agree with irishsteve. Not something to cry about. Much more expensive parts could have or someday will break. Just the nature of shooting rifles, they will eventually wear something out.

Semper Fi, Rob

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Ever watch everything you own get destroyed? I have. Now THAT is depressing. Make certain the rifle is safe, obtain the replacement part and keep shooting. Things break. Accept that. At least you still have the rifle. If breaking parts bother you refrain from shooting this rifle to preserve it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.