Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Glad to hear you held onto your Makarov.
I took the "plunge" yesterday at a local pawn shop. 1981 Bulgarian, PW Arms import, not a scratch, one mag, $200 (he had it marked $279). Once home, I had to clean off cosmoline that the previous owner(s) had neglected. I oiled her, placed a dot of my wife's red fingernail polish on the "fire" indicator hole, and she looks like new.
I have my CZ-52, 82 and 83, but was always curious about the Maks. So far, I'm (yet again) impressed with the Commie arms. Soon as the weather clears up, I'll take her outside and zero her in.
Just ordered 2 East German mags off of Ebay ($39.95) and an original star Bulgarian grip to replace the very nice (but aftermarket) current grips.
DON'T SELL THEM...clean them, dress them up and take them out to dinner. At least that's what works for my marriage!

· Registered
32 Posts
Thanks North Bender and qwiksdraw. Very good information and much appreciated. I never refuse experienced recommendations.
But, not to steal this thread...THANKS KingWulfgar for holding onto your gem! I plan on making mine a "will always keep" gun, too...until my son shoots it...or my daughter...or my wife...guess I'd better start looking for replacement a replacement mak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.