Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
This guy who sells these stocks on ebay claims they are "the best" you can buy. That is a lie.

I bought one recently and let me tell you it was worthless. Every. Single. Dimension. On that stock- was wrong. Overall it was 10% bigger than an original in almost every respect. No metal fit on the stock because it was over sized. The trigger guard was milled out incorrectly and would have required extensive in-letting to make the trigger guard fit. There were even missing holes for pins that were not drilled. the recoil lug hole was drilled incorrectly and the recoil lug included was essentially a spanner screw that would never take recoil load.

To top it all off- they are solid beech stocks which is incorrect for a laminated gun. So it will never look like an original no matter how hard you try with stain to age it. So I had to essentially eat $300.

· Registered
210 Posts
Fox stocks remain the absolute gold standard. My action fit into that stock perfectly with no modifications. However the owner is currently experiencing health problems and has a 1+ year wait list.

Per the ebay seller, I gave neutral feed back and layed out some of the problems with the stock. He began messaging me requesting I delete my feedback. I asked for a refund and he then never messaged me again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts