Gunboards Forums banner

Hypothetical questions

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  DK PHILLIPS In Memoriam 
#1 ·
Should any Obama admin "Gun Ban" not include a grandfather clause, which would require a "turn them in by ??/??/??", what do you do??

What do you think about the idea of 2 (or more) private parties swapping (private transfers) of firearms (in states where such transactions are still legal) in order to blur the paper trail (I'm rather sloppy at record keeping)?

#2 ·
I would advise you to abide by Local, State, and Federal laws which apply to you.

Have you ever gone boating?

#11 ·
Even unconstitutional laws?

#3 · (Edited)
I sold all of them at a gunshow in December of '08 to pay my bills, sir.

No sir, they were cash deals. No records, sorry. I wasn't aware of any record requirements for private sales.

No sir, those are not my PVC pipes and endcaps.

Anything else?

Thank you sir. Good bye.

Sir, before you go, I think the neighbor three houses down, with the constantly barking dogs, I think he has automatic weapons. I think they are gang members.

You are welcome, sir. Have a nice day, good bye.

#4 ·
There is a problem. If you were supposed to turn them in and did not, what then would you do with them? Its not like you could take them out and use them, and if buried, you could not dig them up and use them.

#18 ·
+1.

#7 ·
What do you do? Nothing. There are so many firearms in the US that by the time they get around to you, you will be 50 years dead of old age. The problem will be finding a place to shoot them not hanging on to them.

#8 · (Edited)
Bury 1 of each kind, refuse to turn any of them in, and hire a lawyer and proceed to court. I believe govt cannot make an item retroactivley illegal, you cannot confiscate legaly purchased items by making them illegal in the future. During prohibition they couldnt punish you for booze purchased before prohibition, but you were not allowed to purchase any once the new law was in effect. Kind of the same concept as not having to retroactivly install safety feeatures into a car that was manufactured before the safety features were required( seat belts, air bags etc) imagine trying to enforce the buckle up law an a car from the 30`s that has no belts.

#9 ·
They can reclassify them like full autos, perhaps giving an amnesty. Anything past a date is contraband, kinda like unregistered full autos are today.
How many unregistered full autos are showing up now because thier former owners didn't/refused to register them during an amnesty and hid them only to be found after they died?

#15 ·
I'm sorry, you're looking at it from a legalistic point of view, I'm looking at it from natural law's perspective.

The SC ruled slavery to be legal, doesn't mean it was a legitimate law.

#16 ·
I am curious as to your general locality....since in some localities, it is still illegal to recieve or give oral favors. Now if you happen to be in such a localality, I would hope you refrain from receiving any hummers, I mean, you wouldn't want to break any law that personally inconveniences you.

If you are in such a locality I would hope If you have received illegal oral favors, you will immediately turn yourself in to the proper authorities...

You see BS laws are BS laws....

#14 ·
laws

just glad i sold all of mine and bought a paint gun to protect the house and wife .i also keep it in my empty safe while i am out to keep it from being stold because it does not have a sn on it. now any of obamas people will not have to come to my home to collect anything in the furture

#19 · (Edited)
i gave them to my enemies here there names and addresses!

i paid taxes on them! and traded them, sold them, got some stolen,:eek: here the numbers and police report, your guys were here last week and i gave them to special agent R. U. Afink.
but seriously I'm old and wife's very sick, i cant see myself in my house fight room to room, or hiding in the woods going out in a blaze of arthritics glory:eek:, maybe 10 years ago, but now if mobs, thieves, the bad guys of common, you got to do what you have to do- because you know the police will be guarding their own houses and families and city governments.
but to fire on our own troops would be very -----no words can explain what would be going on in my mind,:( but the strong will survive and rebuild our republic, and maybe with those guns and amino that were missing.:rolleyes:<>< dk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.