Gunboards Forums banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I sent my 16 ga. Model 51 off to Mark Larson to have the prince of wales grip removed because it was just too small for me to carry and shoot comfortably. He also added a long tang, new checkering, and found and fixed a crack in the head of the stock. I'm very pleased with the end result. I've been searching for a straight grip top lever Husky for quite some time, now the search is over.

Rick

http://www.alleghenymountainwanderings.blogspot.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here are some photos of my 16 ga model 310 Lyx recently purchased. 29 1/2" barrels, choked XF/XF, ejectors, weighs 6 lbs 2 oz. Per my research this gun was made in July 1921 and is one of approx. 10 made. While not in showroom new condition she's pretty nice. The grip is very small and has a diamond shape. Whoever did the checkering was really good. Mike

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The 310- Americans missed out.

Here are some photos of my 16 ga model 310 Lyx recently purchased. 29 1/2" barrels, choked XF/XF, ejectors, weighs 6 lbs 2 oz. Per my research this gun was made in July 1921 and is one of approx. 10 made. While not in showroom new condition she's pretty nice. The grip is very small and has a diamond shape. Whoever did the checkering was really good. Mike

QUOTE]

Beautiful! It is truly unfortunate these were not marketed strongly in the USA in the 1920's when so many American shotguns had poor stock dimensions- at least in the field grades. Husqvarna might have been inspired to make quite a few more to meet demand. Design and workmanship should have generated strong sales for all grades.

·
Registered
196 Posts

That is gorgeous!

81 - 100 of 105 Posts