Gunboards Forums banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all. New Husky owner here. I just received a 16 ga. Model 20 built in 1942. 6 lbs. 8 ozs. I really like the feel of this gun and shot a box of shells through her at clay birds last weekend and not many survived :). Will refinish the stock and have the barrels opened up and be carrying her this fall behind my setters as I hunt grouse and woodcock. Here is a quick pic of her. Sadly many of the pics on this thread don't show up on my computer.......don't know why:angry: ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Husqvarna Model 1310 shotgun

G'day
I am pleased to share photos of my Husqvarna Model 1310 shotgun. I found it for sale on an Australian website about 6 months ago. It was on the website for some months before I discovered it was for sale. I couldn't believe it! An extremely clean, if not minty, Model 1310 with ejectors! The person who I spoke to from the gunshop interstate said it belonged to a fellow who prized it so much that he left it in his wardrobe for more than 40 years. He subsequently passed on and his family brought his guns to the gunshop. Steve has identified that this gun was manufactured in 1962. The chokes appear to be full & full. I have not shot it yet but intend to do so in a few weeks time at the 10th Anniversary Vintagers shoot in Melbourne. Good hunting!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi nice to see more husqis in aust i have two now a 12 and 20

hi nice gun found these in tas and got the second 2 years later but found out that they came from the same bloke one is a lx 310 and the other is a 20 gage 350 not sure what the history or age is onthe 20 so if some one can help wood be great have not shot the 2o yet but will take it roo shooting soon ....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Actually, you don't see the whole harvest; 22 in total (two hunters, 2 1/2 days hunt)... including three Spruce Grouses...
The Canada Geese were shot at a bevear dam, with bismuth shots.
We have a limit of 5 a day and a possession of 15 in total here. The season is not finished yet neither... and we do our limits quite often, too.....
The flame thrower is a 1904 M/20 and the one at the back is the M/50 (top lever).
The Husky hammerguns are still there for another 100 years, I hope.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Modle 310 DS

Here are some pics of a model 310 with D grade engraving made in 1919. The D grade is the second highest grade of engraving with only the Lyx being above it on the model 310. The gun has 2 sets of barrels, both numbered to the receiver. One set was made much later, probably after WWII. The gun is very tight with both sets of barrels. As you can see, the stock has been broken and repaired with brass plates. The plates are inletted flush with the wood on the stock, and the inletting is perfect. I wish the time and effort put into the repair would have been put towards making a new butt stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That would be worth fixing with a new buttstock, expensive but worth it. I know a guy that lives down the road from you that is a pretty good stock maker. :)

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Model 350 Lyx

This picture of a model 350 Lyx (the top level of engraving) is from a 2007 auction in Sweden. It was listed as a "trap" gun, but it would be better described as a skeet gun due to the barrel length of 66 cm (26 inches). The combination of Lyx engraving, beavertail forend, short barrels, and ventilated rib make this a unique gun. It sold for 18,000 Swedish Kroner, about $2,900 at the current exchange rate. Sadly, it is not one of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Model 50 12ga and very rare model 44 16ga

Here are pics of my two husqvarna's. Both of them were in very rough condition. I did almost all of the work myself. The model 44 appears to have been made in the 1870's. Has anyone seen one of these in 16ga? It seems to be quite rare. It has model 43 barrels, all numbers matching.

Model 50 12ga (my dedicated skeet gun after opening it up to sk/sk). Similar to model 51 but lacks rib extension and cross bolt:

Model 44 16ga with 31" damascus barrels choked ic/m:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I didn't re-stock them, but the 50 had canoe paddle plain wood with no checkering, so I added the grain pattern and checkered with my own design. The 44 didn't need much grain enhancement, so I refinished and re-cut the checkering on the butt and forend. I specialize in grain enhancement and blending stock extensions. You can see more examples at www.larsongunart.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here are some photos of my model 52 & 103CS Huskys, both 16s. The model 52 is choked XF/XF & is all original, best I can tell. The model 103 is choked F/F & has had the barrels blued. Both have 29 1/2" barrels. oskar

61 - 80 of 105 Posts